Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5

How much to install your Body kit?

I'm getting a bomex kit install opposed to an OEM replacement because I needed a new front and rear bar.

Now he wants to charge me 1k on top of the original repair fee because I have opted for body kit opposed to the OEM.

As he got some estimates of around 1k+ from a few places, some place near the temple in sunshine and somewhere else.

It would help if i could get a general cost of body kit installs so a price and place would be helpful. Thanks.

I've been quoted 800 for paint and fitting from jetspeed previously.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    ums. oem bars are still quite expensive, and in my opinion charging you an extra 1g on top isn't right, you can go buy a full kit for a 1g.
    unless his including fitting and painting.

a genuine honda front bar and rear bar probably goes around.. 300-500 somewhere around there, tell me your car and i can tell ya.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    I'm just talking install cost...
    i supplied the kit...
    i was going to supply an orginal front bar + rear bumper
    but i got a kit instead

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    what a rip off, he shouldn't charge any extra to install aftermarket kit.

true some aftermarket kits take longer to install, but hes charging you 1000 bucks, at 100 bucks an hour that works out to an extra 10 hours, i doubt it ill take him that long to put on 2 bumpers
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Yes i think so to, So i'm going to gather evidence to dispute with him.

He claims its harder to paint cuz its not as smooth as plastic, he had to add some fibreglass to it because it left gaps and for mounting purposes. and it was hard to fit perfecally... but its also due to his lack of experience with body kits.

So i'm trying to get seperate quotes for fitting and painting.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    if he hasnt got much experience with body kits i wouldnt trust him with the job. i got quoted 800 for a jetspeed kit, + 1500 painting and fitting at autobarn airport west. but u said jetspeed was 800 so it looks like a better option.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    if you know some buddies who can help you do it yourself, do it and it will save you heeps of money..atleast a gran.... I got a full kit and only me, my brother and the rest of my mates did it and it cost me nothing except for paint, mesh (if not suuplied), sand paper etc... as long as the place were you are getting your kit from is reputable...like jetspeed, carmate etc... so as the kit would be ready to primer and paint. my kit cost me less than $1500 full kit (front bumper, rear and sideskirts) fitting, paint and customised sides skirts and rear bumper. if you try to investigate how to do it..you can...its very easy atleast the installation part. if youre not up for it, try to do some more quotes as it wouldn't cost you that much.

just a question though...$1000 just for paint and fitting for only the 2 bumpers but no side skirts right? the thing is it may be ok if side skirts are included and if the guy knows what hes doing...

Member Array
    I got quoted in melbourne
    full bodykit (front, side, rear) - fitted and painted
    cheap one: $600
    good one: $800
    MODSTER Motorsport
    visit www.modster.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    its a full kit. But either way I he should only charge for the fitting price. His already got it fitted so its a bit late to go somewhere else. Otherwise i would of went and got it fitted somewhere else and brought it back for him to paint.

Could you tell me where you got the quotes from?
    So i can tell him to call up and confirm...

the price is a little bit steep
    if u can shop around and c who else can do it for cheaper

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    anyone got any suggestions for places i can call for cheap quotes?

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    if ur in sydney, go to dural prestige smash repairs. its the same one as silverwater prestige, only this one is in dural (sorta in woop woop). ive left my euro there and am getting it fitted with full mugen kit, front, side, rear + spoiler. painted and fitted i got a quote for 900 bucks with them fully sanding it down and repairing any fibreglass cracks and making it stronger by adding extra fibreglass on it at no extra cost. plus they gave me a courtesy car to lug my ass around in at 20 bucks per day.
    check in yellow pages for dural prestige
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...