Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi

Jazz Wheel Alignment

My jazz has been wearing unevenly on the front left tire, on the outside only. I took it into get wheel aligned and when I picked it up the guy said that there were no major problems with the wheel alignment, and that he thought it must have been caused by me driving the car too hard ?

I don't drive like a granny, but still, I don't drive this car any different to any of my previous cars and they didn't wear like this... Also the wear is only on one tire, if I was driving hard the wear should be on both front tires?

So

1) is the wheel align guy an idiot ?

or

3) The jazz diff design causes the front left to spin more often than the front right ?

or

2) Is the tire wear just a result of the tallish/wagon kinda stance of the jazz?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    No idea man...I don't have this problem, so I don't think it is a Jazz specific thing

Get Honda to check it out when it goes in for a service or something.

My front tyres are worn evenly but worn more on both sides on the outside edges. I put it down to either under or overinflation earlier in its life. Haven't had a wheel alignment recently though.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    I have 10k service booked for the end of this week, so will be interesting to see what they say about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    The wheel alignment guy also suggested that my wear might have been from incorrect inflation. Normally an under inflated tire will wear too much on both edges of the tire, and over inflated wears too much in the middle of the tread.

vividjazz: Are you running the standard wheels? Maybe its a side affect of the stock profile tire flexing too much when cornering..

Will see what the mechanics think. It's of concern to me because the outside edge is significantly worn, whereas the inside of the tire has heaps of tread, don't want to be replacing tires all the time if I can prevent it! Currently I'm just rotating them around.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    maybe u need more negative camber??
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    More negative camber sounds good to me :-)

I think it would balance out whats currently occuring. Makes me wonder how much negative is possible with the standard suspension/steering parts..

Quote Originally Posted by bluevti
    The wheel alignment guy also suggested that my wear might have been from incorrect inflation. Normally an under inflated tire will wear too much on both edges of the tire, and over inflated wears too much in the middle of the tread.

vividjazz: Are you running the standard wheels? Maybe its a side affect of the stock profile tire flexing too much when cornering..

Will see what the mechanics think. It's of concern to me because the outside edge is significantly worn, whereas the inside of the tire has heaps of tread, don't want to be replacing tires all the time if I can prevent it! Currently I'm just rotating them around.
    Underinflation would make sense and in conjuction with hard cornering. The tyres don't squel anywhere near as much around corners with 34psi in them. They are stock 14" BTW.

I was going to rotate front to back next service.

Don't really want to be replacing tyres too often either.

Where do you guys go for wheel alignment? Which wheel alignment do you do with the 09 Jazz GE VTIS? Standard Thrust or 4 wheel?

I had just recently replaced my tyres and charged $66 for standard but didn't include the report which I wasn't happy about. Previously, I had replaced my tyres and found uneven wear later on. So I was thinking I need to do a proper alignment for these new set. Where do you guys recommend?

I wanted to go with Honda. But not sure how much they charge.

Opted for Tyreright which is being used by Honda. Very nice service for $50 - spent more but they seem to have better service with a printed report.

How often do you align or rotate your tyres? Every 8k/10k?
    Last edited by rubyjazz; 16-05-2015 at 02:56 PM.

tedbull

Quote Originally Posted by vividjazz View Post
    Underinflation would make sense and in conjuction with hard cornering. The tyres don't squel anywhere near as much around corners with 34psi in them. They are stock 14" BTW.

I was going to rotate front to back next service.

Don't really want to be replacing tyres too often either.
    left front tyre always wear more on the outside due to the camber of the road

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by tedbull View Post
    left front tyre always wear more on the outside due to the camber of the road
    Nice, bro you quoted almost a 10 year post!
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9