Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1

first d15b sohc vtec dual carb. stickey it for people to do convertion.

bennjamin edit

*no sales on behalf of others.*

----------
    before
    --------
    yes ive done it this week... my mate blew his engine in he's ed civic, now i hate dual carb standard engines because they have issues like tappet noises, and where built to break.. so i thort why not buy a low k d15b vtec engine, and since i dont wanna go throu the headake of installing wiring and ecu and injected fuel pump, i removed the injection and installed the carbs, of course i had to modify 2 holes to alline. once done and fitted the engine i also had to consider a electric carb fuel pump because the factory one is manual fuel pump but the vtec engine doesnt have a space for the manual pump so i installed a electric pump via relays and so on. then i also had to construct a return system after the pump so the pressure wouldnt go to much on the carbs. then i thort whats gonna enable the vtec? well i was searching throu jaycar and bought a cool three light gear changer alert for like 30 dollars. so i bought this circuit and built it, then modifying it to run a relay to activate the vtec. then ajusted the circuit so i can allow vtec to kkick in at 4800rpm.

now the car starts very quickly and everything was a sucess, when you hit 4800rpm it quickly revs upto 8rpm, and since theres no cutout, the thing clocks the rpm on the dash... so i would say for a dual carb, it would be the fastest one there for simple yet effective conversions. estamated power {dual carb setup =126hp/ stock 92hp} vs injected setup {gli 100hp /vti 130hp}

some pics

click here for the movie with the engine running past 8000rpm on carbs with the vtec three light controller. (you need quicktime to play it) download it for free from quicktime.com 300kb
    Last edited by bennjamin; 29-11-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Euro Accord '04 & EG5 Si
    punctuation & grammar - use it.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    Quote Originally Posted by V-techWhore
    punctuation & grammar - use it because v-tech mums a whore..
    get a life you seriously shouldnt talk about your self like that.
    Last edited by MrJDMCivic; 22-09-2005 at 10:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    And you tuned the carbs to suit the VTEC air flow right??
    Me thinks you would get about 100Hp as the ECU under your paasenger carpet would not know what to do. The 30hp increase would be attributed to the fact the old motor had low compression/****ed bearings/burnt valves/rings/etc
    Still an achievement in itself tho...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    man thats sweet. more info??
    defintly post some pics. so u just used a vtec head or u swapped longblocks and just used the carby intake manifold?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    i like the part where u build your own circuit to actiavte VTEC ! Bush mechanics at its best!

thats crazy man....got pics ?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    I love this.

Carb TAK!!!!

Ultimate Ghetto Speck. I wanna see this with intake headers and exhaust and Crower stage 3 vtec cam, and clutch and flywheel and JDM d15b LSD.

Pics

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    buddy I disagree with your 1st post,

Honda Dual carb engines where not built to blow, Honda build the finest engines from there competitors,

drive your new d15b vtec engine the way you drove the old engine it to will blow,
    there also are alot of factors like how many k's are on the engine.

show up some pics of your new setup, sounds interesting,

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    ill get pics up tommorrow, as for the vtec engine when compaired side by side to the standard carb engine you take notice that there are many shortcuts in the dual carb engine, like one it has less bolts holding the dual carbs to the head, and dont forget that the carbs are heavyer than the injected manifold, so they wernt really thinking about quality, and another thing is all the dual carb engines ive come across seem to die/leak oil/have tappet issues, and so on, where a low km nice sohc vtec engine is in top shape, if people here have a dual carb eg, the only differences are drilling holes in the carb manifold to fit, and putting a electric fuel pump/return sytem and vtec controllr, but for the ed 87-91 people they need to modify the drivers mount because the older engines have a different mounting spot to the newer eg versions. the other good thing about the carbs is because its not injection it will put the air/fuel ratio right... where as in a ecu is locked to its type of engine and to put more fuel you have to change the fuel map inside the ecu... even thow i like injected cars better, its still a simple way of extracting more power while having a clean non leaking oil engine...at 128hp... oh and by the way, i have 17in on with wide tred, thinking it will never rip a 2nd which i was right when i didnt install the vtec controller, but when i installed it, the thing rips 2nds. and this is with 17in, not standard 14in wheels. so its preety good for a carby.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Man that's a wicked

Mes likes
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    pics are up