Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track

DC5's with Tein SS Help Me!

Hey guys,

Im about to buy my friend a set of Tein SS coilovers for his dc5r. His had some coilover problems with some cheap ones he got and his not very happy.

Basically I wanna buy him a decent set, im looking at the Tein SS, anyone have any pictures of these installed on a dc5? anyone have or know anyone who have these on there dc5 and can give me some first hand feedback? how low can they go? are these a great allround coilover - his not into track or drag - just cruising, he also has 19s, so we trying to get the gaurd over the rim - or at least to cover most of the tyre...

Also - do these make noise? apprently alot of coilovers make a 'clunk' noise when turning or something?

Any help would be great befor i order them, thanks!
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I didn't take any pics during installation...

They are a good set of coilovers for road/ semi track use, as they can be set to be just as comfy as stock and road hard for track... for specs go here http://tein.com/ti/inst/2a28u.pdf

I do not have any clucking noises when I turn...

hey mr plow you want to be my friend too?

i can't remeber where i saw it, just searched then but i remeber last night i was having a look at tien ss and i found a web site which had all the tein range on a dc5r, so it showed how low it was ect.

try application list for tein.

sorry i can't be more helpful

Newcomer Array
    thats nice of you dude

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Euro Accord '04 & EG5 Si
    19s hmmmm

Not sure if SS would be a good choice.

Dont think they are heght adjustable, correct me if im wrong.

But 19s, might be a bit tricky to find decent coil overs for that size of rims.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by V-techWhore
    19s hmmmm

Not sure if SS would be a good choice.

Dont think they are heght adjustable, correct me if im wrong.

But 19s, might be a bit tricky to find decent coil overs for that size of rims.
    They are fully height and dampner adjustable.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    Coilovers that arn't height adjustable, are there such things that are commen?

So you think the tein SS wont be good, what coilover do you guy suggest then? I really dont wanna buy them and then his not happy with them...
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Honestly, if I had the money I would of went DMS. But thats like in the 3k zone.

You have HKS Hypermax II for 2,500

Then you have Tein SS for about 1,900.

SS is the best bang for the buck option but personally the standard springs it comes with is a bit soft which is why alot of people change it to Swift springs.

Suspenion can be a personal thing and it will really depend on what your friend perfers/likes. It is best for him to sit in cars with the sussy you are looking for so there will be no regrets because it is nearly a 2 grand mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    The main aims are that the car can sit low - and a decent ride quality still there...

we not worried baout track drag or any racing application, just daily driving and looks!!!

its look like tein ss can only go 60mm drop which is fuuck all... are there any coilovers which go lower!

if its mainly looks and street driving and you are not going to track the car, go with upgraded shocks and springs.

bilstien / eibach combo
    or
    koni / eibach, i would recommend those two, also should be cheaper then tien ss and more comfortable.

The only disadvantage of the SS is that the spring rate is not pre-load adjustable - ie the shocks will get slightly shorten as you lower the car vs the Tein Flex that has seperate spring and shock adjustability.

Unless u track the car really often wouldnt make all that much difference....

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    I spoke to him about the tein- he says his okay with a 60mm drop but i know once they installed he will want to go lower?

is there a way to get the springs in the coilovers changed to a lower setup? or a why of getting them mechined?