Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

315whp NA H22 *ahem* H27

Taken from honda-tech.com

Link

H27 H22 92mm bore/100mm stroke 315WHP/236WTQ dynojet---267WHP/201WTQ Mustang Dyno « » 2:33 PM 9/19/2005 Reply Edit

H27 by Pocketrockets Racing

Please keep in mind this is an engine designed for European autocross, it is not a drag racing engine.
    I have no problems making a purely drag race engine that can do +25 more WHP than this engine....I am well aware of the K and F20c series and all that Jazz. We are working on them too.
    In fact I can make a 2599cc engine with a box in box Wiseco piston with a quite short(relatively speaking) 95.6mm stroke for high RPM all out effort.!!!

This is a Mustang Eddy current dyno, which is known industry wide to read 15% below the dynojet.
    It is well known that a standard H22a 190-200 crank HP h22a will make ~160-163 whp on a dynojet ...and 141-144 whp on a mustang dyno.

This engine only has 12.8 : 1 static compression as this designed to run on and limited to 100 octane fuel.
    It also only has 272 degree @ 0.050" lift Crane roller cams, opting for this setup to have a broad midrange torque curve.
    We have achieved 267.6 WHP and 200.7 WTQ on the Mustang dyno, Independently done and verified at KVR performance, thanks Edwin and crew!
    This translates to ~ 315 WHP and 236 WTQ on a dynojet.
    and translates to 361-372 HP / 269-277 ft'lbs at the Crankshaft.
    Torque peak is at 5750 rpm and max HP is at 8000-8250 rpm.
    Tuning is done here, inhouse.

Our goal was to have 90% of maximum torque, available from 5000-8000 rpm, which we have achieved. I am content with the results.

some Specs of the engine:

92 mm bore x 100 mm stroke
    Block uses Custom Darton ductile iron sleeves done by ERL Performance and further modified by us, for this unique application. Thanks to Jeff and Sean and Crew@ ERL
    12.8:1 static compression
    Importpowerhouse/RMF Custom 4 into 1 header with 2 1/4" collector
    TWM 52mm modified Independent Throttle bodies with full enclosed custom PRR airbox, IAC, CAI, K&N air filter, TWM FPR.
    525cc @ 43.5 psi Delphi injectors running at 52 psi fuel pressure
    External Peterson fluid systems oil pump, wet sump, run from in behind the OEM Honda crank Damper, inline oil filter.
    Crane/Ferrea 272 degree @ 0.050" lift roller camshafts
    Crower adjustable cam gears
    Crower 100mm custom billet crankshaft ....Thanks Brian and crew @ Crower's.
    Crower Endurance pro-billet steel rods
    Rod/Stroke ratio is 1.58 : 1
    Wiseco custom 92mm pistons and rings, lateral gas porting...Thanks Brian and crew@ WIseco.
    Ferrea roller rocker arms, valves, springs and titanium retainers
    Custom P13 cylinder head with all Porting/headwork done here inhouse
    Full 3 inch Thermal Research and Development stainless exhaust system with muffler, rear exit.
    Denso IK24 spark plugs with magnecor wires
    AEM Engine management System using OEM distributor
    Aluminum flywheel.

Dyno run : 3rd gear pull...standard h box gearing....Sunoco 110 octane fuel.... Intake Air temperature were 118F-125F..........idles happily at 1200 rpm.....coolant temps never rose more than 10F during full 3rd gear pulls.

BTW....even with the full roller cams....the car got ~ 30mpg at 75-80 mph .....pulls 5th gear happily from 3000 rpm with less than 0.75 volt knock...LOL
    I think I better make a 12.5:1 vtec one of these for my street motor....yippee....lol
    I already passed emissions with a 2.2L 12.5:1 stge 4 Crower cams, so the bigger motor should be no big deal......lol

mines still better...

Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    mines still better...
    i'm sure it is...

what's your setup?

i love that intake manifold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigteethygrin
    i love that intake manifold!!!
    that's actually a cover (with intake pipe attached) for quad throttle bodies

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    awsome,

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Holy shit! good work guys! Is that an engine damper i see on the front of the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    Holy shit! good work guys! Is that an engine damper i see on the front of the engine?
    Looks like one. Anybody know for sure? If ur after one i've got the link somewhere, prelude parts can be hard to come around i dunno if thats true for h22 accords tho

thats mental man..

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    hahahahaha you can see his feet in the photo... nice socks haha

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Holy Crap !

white explorer socks ~ yo !

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!