Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )

EG4 Civic checking oil/Dipstick D15B7 (EFI)

Just checked the oil on the civic and it doesnt show up on the dipstick at all, then added about 3L of oil and still didnt show up. Checked again while car was running but this splatters oil on the dipstick. Now not sure if my dipstick is the original one or it has been swapped or not enough oil is in the sump. The dipstick in there now is about 30cm long with a yellowish handle. Can someone help me out as it weird that ive added oil but doesnt show up although the dipstick does seem original. Help appriciated thanks dan.

(Oil was checked on level ground!!)
    Last edited by EGB18CT; 21-09-2005 at 11:15 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    only check the oil while the engine is off, add another half a liter and then wait 30 seconds and check your dip stick, whipe it each time you check it.

when the sump is dry the GLi takes 3.3 to 3.5 lites to fill to correct level.

i guessing its got a stock sump.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yep done all that just stumped to why it wont register on the dipstick. Its totally dry! im thinking it might not be the correct dipstick

bro..borrow your mates stick and see how it goes.. or check if any leaking??