Thread: Revving H22a

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

Revving H22a

hey guys,

without doing excessive work on a h22a what sort of power can they produce and at roughly what revs? For example a H22a with extractors, stage 1 or 2 cams, intake, head work and ecu. My best mate has a prelude and wants to spend some cash and wants a rough indication of what he will get for his money.

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Autosalon had a feature on this I think, the Orange Integra with a Prelude H22 implant.

based on what i've seen on the us forums... around 210-220whp typically but depending on factors like type/quality of extractors, tuning, extent/quality of head work etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen 'lude
    i've gone through the same research myself and this is what i've found:

Full exhaust system (extractors and all) $1500
    Hondata S200 ECU (fitting and tuning) $2000
    Skunk 2 stag2 cams $400 plus fitting........then your usual cold air intake, pod filter ect.

But these mods on a VTIR H22A engine would give you around the 130+ KW power!!! I havn't done this (yet), but i have gotten this figure from alot of people with VTEC experience. If you plan to do other bits like head work im sure you will get a bit more out of it. NOTE** that this is without opening the engine.
    If you need some more info, pm me anytime bro.
    Last edited by my_honda; 23-09-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Azjs, made around 130 fwkw, on mugen exaust, skunk 2 intake, new catback, Hondata Ecu, and new cams. Thats on a h22z.

He'll probly pop in and tell us the exact mods and figures, its on Prelude Australia if u can be bothered looking.

*edit*.

Engine:
    H22z1 + Standard internals
    NGK copper plugs
    Ultra ignition leads
    Skunk2 cam gears (dialled in at zero)

Breathers:
    AEM CAI, Skunk2 Intake Manifold + matched 65MM TB, Hondata heatshield gasket, Mugen Headers, Mugen Exhaust

Software:
    Hondata S200 + P28 tuned by DynoDave, Redline Motorsports

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    That post excerpt comes from my editorial on PA... and no I run standard internals - cams included.

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    mmm, nice1 how much did all that cost you ajiz? pm me if u dont wanna share.