Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO

need camber kit for eibach sportlines???

sup guys.
    i am considering getting some eibach sportlines for my DC2 but i dont want to fork out extra cash for a camber kit. Has anyone had any experience with the sportlines or know that if a camber kit is needed or not.
    thanks!!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Camber kits are an interesting idea. I have undertaken a fair amount of research (on the different types and styles of kits available) and have come to the conclusion that I would rather live without one.

Check the thread that I posted in this part of the forum and read some of the other discussions on Honda-Tech about camber kits (there are a number of really useful threads with titles such as 'do I need a camber kit' etc that are an interesting read).

In relation to the actual springs I have not had personal experience with them so cant really comment on if a kit will be needed.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    thanks for that Zdster. i will try seaching some more. In the mean time, anyone else here can answer my question??

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1
    not sure if you need a camber kit... but im pretty sure HondaR JDM Concept sells camber kits if you do decide you need them

good luck

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    It depends how much you are lowering your car. Also start with a basic wheel aligment, get your camber angles and take it from there.

You can do a simple DIY camber kit for the rear of the EG by using washers and slightly longer bolts.

As for camber kits being a waste of $$$.......it depends how much you lower it.......and if you lower it enough and don't get a camber kit, expect to fork out for tyres quite often
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    well the Eibach Sportlines have a drop of 1.7" front and rear. Is this drop enough to put my camber angles out?

Quote Originally Posted by _FeRiO_
    well the Eibach Sportlines have a drop of 1.7" front and rear. Is this drop enough to put my camber angles out?
    if "out" = excessive then NO. a 1.7 drop shouldnt need a camber kit to change the static camber.

2 inches and more IMO would put more wear on the inside edge of the front and rear tyres tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    thanks man!! ill take it that i dont need a camber kit.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by _FeRiO_
    thanks man!! ill take it that i dont need a camber kit.
    Like I said, get a wheel alignment and THEN someone can tell you if you need an alignment or not!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I agree. A wheel alignment is a good start.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    As i have said from the start, i am only considering getting the Sportlines, and just wanted to know whether people will think i will end up needing a camber kit, as small height drops dont generally put the camber angle in danger of chewing out tyres. Im asking this coz i dont have that extra cash in paying for a camber kit and therefore may look into buying some other spring.
    Thanks for the info anyways guys