CD5 - Scraping noise

Hey guys.

Got a problem with my accord at the moment.. Sounds like the pads are stuffed. When im driving i hear a sraping kinda noise coming from the front left wheel and it gets louder as i apply the brakes.

I have changed the pads and the noise is still there.. i noticed that my CV boots were stuffed too.. could it be the CV's?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    I have never had to replace CV's in any of my cars, but from my experiences CV's mainly get noisy when you turn the steering wheel, kinda like a clicking noise.

When you say they are stuffed, how do you know? The boot is disengrated?

I dare say thats what the problem may be tough, but its kinda hard to determine what it would be with so many variables and a small amount of information.

Your best bet would be to see your local trustworthy mechanic.....

yuh i know.. but i always get more satisfaction outta fixing things myself

and yes.. the boots are covered in greese

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    check your wheel bearing.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    could be a stone cought in the pad area
    the disc could be touching the rotor shroude ( bend it back ). this can happen if you let the wheel hit the rotor as you remove the wheel with the wheel, bends the shroude on the rotor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    I once had a found a scraping noise on my dads ascent once... farking shit myself thought i broke it had a look at it pulled out this stick looking thing turned out to be a dead toad scraping on the disk brakes
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    if its ur cv's, ur kno... there will be grease all in the wheel well, and also wen u turn the car, u hear & feel it click. if its just happened, get em fixed asap, before u get sand in the bearings, which changes a $100 job into a couple $100 job, lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    I would suggest that the brake disk may be warped and it's rubbing on the pad. I had this issue on my car recently. When you drive slowly, you'll get a sort of "noise on -- noise stop -- noise on -- noise stop" effect as the wheel goes round.
    If it is that, get the disks machined -- otherwise you'll prematurely wear out the pads. Pretty soon you'll start to feel the car shudder when you break as it warps more...