Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a

High performance timing belt?

Hi all, Getting my skunk2 stage 1 cams in soon with new retainers and springs do I need to get a high performance timing belt put in as well?
    Any advice will be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Greddy have one, and there are a few other manufacturers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    If your dialing in your cams and looking to get the most out of them then its a good idea, stock belts are good but the Toda, Greddy ones ect, are less prone to stretching over time therefore ensuring your cams and their timing stay where they were set longer.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    You don't 'need' one but I would get one to complete the package.

Toda.
    Deano.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Accord View Post
    Hi all, Getting my skunk2 stage 1 cams in soon with new retainers and springs do I need to get a high performance timing belt put in as well?
    Any advice will be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Honda OEM the BEST Hi Performance timing belt you will ever buy dont waste your money on the JDM BLING crap.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave View Post
    Honda OEM the BEST Hi Performance timing belt you will ever buy dont waste your money on the JDM BLING crap.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Thanks Dave i have been told by a couple of people that i needed to do it and a couple said that i didn't so now i have definite answer.
    Also how are the headers you were making for the h22a going? I'm pretty keen to get a set.
    Ruck Fules!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Accord View Post
    Thanks Dave i have been told by a couple of people that i needed to do it and a couple said that i didn't so now i have definite answer.
    Also how are the headers you were making for the h22a going? I'm pretty keen to get a set.
    They will be out within 4 weeks just need to finish the jig and get some sets made up ready to ship out.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Cool. Can you pm me a price shipped to melb and any dyno numbers if you have them. Also will they have a flex pipe?
    Ruck Fules!

My mate has had two of the Toda belts split now... i wouldn't be comfortable with one.
    And so it begins...

like most parts , OEM honda parts are better quality even under "performance" load.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    ^^^ Thanks for the advice guys.
    Ruck Fules!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Id hardly call them JDM Bling, if they were of no advantage then they wouldnt be fitted to motors that demand more of them then normal OEM applications.

They are made of better materials and dont stretch as much as OEM Items therefore keeping timing correct alot longer then a OEM Belt, but your right Ben, OEM Honda parts are of excellent quality and often take alot more punishment with no failure then they were designed for.

When you say split Gin, i assume you mean along the belt as apposed to snapping??