Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Would toda B cams be better than using the Toda C cams?

Depends what you're after...

Cams aren't simply a case of more aggressive = better...

All in the application...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    Would toda B cams be better than using the Toda C cams?
    Depends on the application flop, if you care to PM or put your specs up, happy to advise accordingly.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by INT DIST/TODA View Post
    Depends on the application flop, if you care to PM or put your specs up, happy to advise accordingly.

Cheers.
    I honestly think we need to sit down and write how to build a combination so that people dont just buy
    engine parts thinking they will work in this or that combo there is ton's of info on the net but I still
    think 99% of combo's are just not right because they end up with the wrong cams to suit the rest
    of there parts on and in there engine.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    This is why you need to speak to an engine builder and they/you need to discuss options with the actual parts manufacturer.

Certain camshaft producers recommend different valves, springs and retainers for various reasons.

This has bitten me on the ass before - my previous engine builder just threw in X valves with Y camshafts hoping to get Z results, but the parts are only compatible to a certain extent and I damn near smashed my valves and ruined the build.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Thats because 99.9% of Aussie engine builders and shops that sell the parts have no idea how a Honda engine works they have there heads stuck so far up the butts its not funny,I was so sick of having to fix others mistakes its not funny to the point I would not touch cars from some Sydney shops as it was just they same old cheap arse jobs with a heaps of parts thrown together hoping it would make power.
    Now I have stopped doing any work on anything other than my own my life alot less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    I honestly think we need to sit down and write how to build a combination so that people dont just buy
    engine parts thinking they will work in this or that combo there is ton's of info on the net but I still
    think 99% of combo's are just not right because they end up with the wrong cams to suit the rest
    I'd read that.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    example of both maybe?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    example of both maybe?
    Biggest problem I have seen over the years of working on Honda's is guys cheap out on some of the most important components of there combination and then blame 1 thing when infact its alot more than that.I will get together a write soon and I also want to do a dyno tuning one which was something I was going to do before I got ill,everyone just has to wait a bit till I sit with a few more people from the industry that can help the write out with there knowledge and experience.