Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury

creaking noise comming from centre of dash

creaking noise comming from centre of dash
    I have serched this tpoice but there doesnt seem to be this problem listed ..

when i go over bumps i here a creaking noise like either something isnt done up tight enough or doen too tight , sounds like plastic on steel or maybe even plastic on metal . not sure

sounds like it is coming from the instrument centre

any one else had this ( dont really wont the dealer to try to rectify it ..

I have just picked this car up and it seemed to start at about 60 km on the clock , there is 600 kms on the clock now

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    here are some photos of my new car , will post some beter ones when i have my camera back

sorry guys i just dont seem to be able to upload photos here so here is a link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/madjac.../ph//my_photos
    Last edited by madjace; 25-09-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro '05 Black Std 5AT
    Is it coming from the centre console ie. the HVAC or the dash itself? If it is coming from where the windscreen meets the dash, it could be the dreaded A pillar creak. I had that from delivery but got rid of it by pressing hard on the plastic strip that holds the winscreen to the A pillar. Pressing on it secures the windscreen clips which are making the creaking noise.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    This sounds similar to an annoying sound I have, drives me mad!
    only fairly soft, like a ticking sound, sounds like it is coming form behind / inside the air vents in the dash. Iv'e tried listing for it with the fan on/off, etc but can't pick it. Comes and goes, sometime I don't hear it for a week or so, other times its there every drive. I have mentioned it every service and took the service guy for a drive, they can hear it too - but can't fix it. they say they would have to take the whole dash out/apart to check it out properly. I haven’t asked them to do this though as I reckon if they did this there is every chance there will be new rattles, but maybe next service. VERY frustrating, in such a quite car. Good luck , let me know if you make any progress.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L
    Is it coming from the centre console ie. the HVAC or the dash itself? If it is coming from where the windscreen meets the dash, it could be the dreaded A pillar creak. I had that from delivery but got rid of it by pressing hard on the plastic strip that holds the winscreen to the A pillar. Pressing on it secures the windscreen clips which are making the creaking noise.
    it sounded more like it was comming from right behind the dash , any way i did what you suggested and the noise has stopped

thanks for your sugestion it actually worked ..