Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LOOKING FOR DC5

Question 5th Gen Air Filter and Head Lights

Hi guys.. I've got a 2000 model prelude VTiR.. I have little knowledge about modification.. I have heard from a friend that by changing the air filter you can achieve great sound from engine (air sucking sound rather)..

Anyone know where I can buy this kind of air filter?

Also I've seen one 5 Gen prelude with really white head lights. Just wondering where I can get those bulbs as well.. Thanks..

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    2000 model VTiR, ur mate was prob talkin about a CAI (cold air intake). i doubt by just replacing the stock air filter to a new own will make that noise ur mate is referring to. a pod filter/cold air intake will give u a deep throaty sound.
    check out ebay. theres a few CAI's for preludes, incl. aem and injen

it could be that the 5th gen u saw had HID's. its either that guy had HID conversions or replaced the bulbs to something like PHILIPS DIAMOND VISIONS. again, basically up to u how much u wanna pay. for HID kits, it can start from 300 bucks or so to replace the whole headlight and to convert ur lights from halogen to HID (high intensity gas discharge). if u just want to keep the halogens, u can get HID "style" halogen bulbs such as the diamond/crystal visions. 2000 ludes have H1 bulbs for both high beam and low beam. Autobarn sells these. you might wanna check out traders section too.
    Also, if u want to change ur lights to HID, again, trader section.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LOOKING FOR DC5
    stephen8512, thank you very much. You answered all my question and it is really helpful. Really appreciate your help. Cheers...

Yep, u wont get much induction noise just from changing the panel filter...Most likely get a SRI or a CAI if ur lookin for induction noise.

mine doesnt have that kind of noise....it has a blitz filter with xustom pipe...may be a K&N filter works better.

you can get a H1 style HID for around 300

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    OR you could get K&N panel filter, which i reckon is better, saves you from warrying about defect.

I have HID on mine and they are pretty white, the kit prob set you back around $300-$500 depends on the manuafacturer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude

panel or pod..

hey i just wanted to ask..

does a pod and panel have a big difference to it?

and if so, how big of a difference is it?

Minimal performance if any. Mainly change in 'noise'

only help your engine breath better, looks better, small gain, but its the cheapest mod you can make..

pod only works well on turbocharged cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah u will need a pod filter of some type.. perhaps pay for a lil quality or something.. like an apexi pod filter...

either HID or crystal visions.. perhaps Polargs that Hondar is sellin on these forums too.. will be right for you

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    ah thanks ..

oh and with the bulbs.. just confirming, for a 5th gen lude, would i be looking for H1's for headlights?..

and are they the same as the high beam bulbs?. . like, would they both fit in each others spot? lol.

// sorry if it may seem like a dumb question..

/ im still learning.. lol