Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC4 TURBO!

24 23.53%
  • DC2 VTIR TURBO!

78 76.47%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    -nuke-
    Last edited by string; 29-08-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    I think your all missing the point of reality, and your all trying to make justification of internet myths

Fact the same turbo kit, with the same turbo, with the same ECU, regardless of how much boost, with the same settings the b18c engine will ALWAYS Make more power and torque throughout the whole rev range than the b18a/b period.

Hell even if you design the perfect matched setup for the b18a/b engine with a correctly sized turbo to suit the engine, put that setup on a b18c engine and it WILL make more power

Fact I’ve tuned many b18a/b setups and even more b18c setups, the b18c wins every time. You can talk and say what you like, but the b18c engine on the same boost level will always have more power than a b18a/b. As for the b18a/b holding more boost than a b18c that’s crap also stupid internet myths ! Both engines on a stock form I wouldn’t run more than 14psi of boost, they both have the same upper limit to the amount of boost you can run.

Regards James
    Last edited by BLKCRX; 04-12-2005 at 03:28 PM.

-nuke-
    Last edited by string; 29-08-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    this topic was covered in hot4s not to long ago. a basic rule of thumb is. if you have a motor that has 100kw and the other has 120kw. the second engine will always gonna be 20kw ahead. this is going on the fact that u do the same mods to both motors. there has to be a freakish occurance that will allow the first motor to gain 20kw without a similar change happening to the second motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    The B18A/B will always make more torque below say, 5800rpm- FALSE !!!
    That is not true !! stop quoting internet bull-crap !

How many engines have you built? How many engines have you tuned ? how many b18b have you built how many b18c have you built, how many turbo Honds have you worked on ! how many custom turbo’s have you designed, how many manifolds have you back to back tested, how much research and design have you done please tell me its more than 100 cars and they I might start to give you credit for what your saying, quoting what other internet donkey’s say is nothing more internet MYTH.

b/w that graph you qouted is nothing more than data plotted on excel ! I wouldn’t trust that data with a pinch of salt !

FACT = iv done the testing, iv done the research, iv done the back to back testing, iv designed kits, iv tuned 100’s of setups Australia wide and the b18c always comes out on top. Do the research your self ! and please prove me wrong, until then my data colleted from years of experience stands above and beyond anything you say.

James waves the bull-crap flag to internet myth !

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    this topic was covered in hot4s not to long ago. a basic rule of thumb is. if you have a motor that has 100kw and the other has 120kw. the second engine will always gonna be 20kw ahead. this is going on the fact that u do the same mods to both motors. there has to be a freakish occurance that will allow the first motor to gain 20kw without a similar change happening to the second motor.
    Thats so ture in every way ! you can't turn water into wine !! and you can't make a donkey of a engine into a tinger !!

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    You are wrong.

When you take into account modifications, then they prety much become the same thing, except the b18a/b will be a pig down low since it doesn't have the low cam to keep things nice.

The B18A/B will always make more torque below say, 5800rpm. You cannot argue this. A Cam designed for peak torque much lower plus extra capacity will always win out in the lower regions.

You have some nerve telling James that he is wrong when ya cant even remember ya own lies. The top paragraph shows an earlier statement you made about a b18b being laggy down low and now ya saying it will always make more power down low.

MAKE UP YA MIND WILL YA

Careful James, with quotes like that he'll put you out of business

I definately wouldnt take my car to "strings workshop" if he had one, cos he'd try to STRING you along into the internet myth world.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    I totally agree with this
    How hard is it to understand basic mathematics??...
    come on folks.. this is 2 unit maths back in high school...
    It's just logic...given the same setup, i.e same turbo, same boost etc...given that this application will add an additional 45Kw to your engine. We'll take the results of the 2 engine mentioned above.

100Kw + 45Kw = 145Kw...
    120Kw + 45Kw = 165Kw...
    Therefore the 120Kw will achieve more power..
    Therefore the 120Kw is greater than the 100Kw...

Thus...
    B18C = 120Kw
    B18B = 100Kw

B18C > B18B

Now it doesn't take a genius to work out the above results.
    Last edited by Da1nONLY; 04-12-2005 at 05:41 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Da1nONLY
    I totally agree with this
    How hard is it to understand basic mathematics??...
    come on folks.. this is 2 unit maths back in high school...
    It's just logic...given the same setup, i.e same turbo, same boost etc...given that this application will add an additional 45Kw to your engine. We'll take the results of the 2 engine mentioned above.

100Kw + 45Kw = 145Kw...
    120Kw + 45Kw = 165Kw...
    Therefore the 120Kw will achieve more power..
    Therefore the 120Kw is greater than the 100Kw...

Thus...
    B18C = 120Kw
    B18B = 100Kw

B18C > B18B

Now it doesn't take a genius to work out the above results.
    Shit! Thats it!

I never knew modelling engine output was soooo easy !

Thanks for clearing it up for everyone.

Do the Honda Engineers know about this formula?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    I think the Mods need to implement a points system whereby you need to "earn" the right to post in the Tech Forums.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    i just realise my statement sounds messed up. im not saying that if mod both motors the same then at the end of of your gonna be 20kw ahead. i meant to say if u start of with a better motor then your always gona be ahead, granted you do the same mods. (not necessary by 20kw cos the two motors will respond diff to each mod) I hope that make more sense

Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    This thread is almost as painfull as listening to Tinkerbell's rants.

almost...

sif bag tink, hes mad!!!!!!!