• DC4 TURBO!

24 23.53%
  • DC2 VTIR TURBO!

78 76.47%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    Then you have no need to open your mouth. By the way those times in my signature was with an old almost blown engine running on 7psi and the gearbox at the time only got into 3rd that one run.

owww its tinkerbell with such a gay name

Quote Originally Posted by GSI-PSI
    old almost blown engine
    gotta love those B18B's
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    the engine was almost blown before i turbocharged it. lmao

well, your 13.8 is to be comended then

lucky you could swap it all straight over, and that kinda explains why you are such a die-hard B18B supporter... it has worked well for you...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

tinkerbell this issuee is sorted
    the end of the day the owner chooses which car he wants to turbo
    if me and gsi-psi are such b18b supporters what does that make you ???
    the only reason your a b18c supporter is cause you have one
    noone needs to hear your crap anymore ... go back a few pages and you might see that people find you annoying...
    seriously stop the talking

the last thing i will say is that i dont have a B18C...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    the guy that started the thread has made a choice now and picking up a integra vti-r on friday and he will be turbocharging it so case closed

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    I think the Mods need to implement a points system whereby you need to "earn" the right to post in the Tech Forums.
    I dont think that's the issue, I think you should be able to START threads, but only people with cred should be able to respond to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    I dont think that's the issue, I think you should be able to START threads, but only people with cred should be able to respond to it.
    All well and good in theory, but there are many people on here that have a wealth of knowledge but rarely post, therefore how do they have 'cred'?

A B18b has a lower compression ratio of 9.2:1 which is better suited to boost, you can run 10psi easy on stock internals, without the hassles of variable valve timing you can also run cheaper engine management systems. The case is open and shut, you can run more boost, more easily, more cheaply with a GSi over a VTiR or Type R. This is an argument of economics and cost benefit analysis, you will always be ahead with a GSi as you're starting with a motor that is going to cost you less of an outlay to begin with.

Trust me, I've been down this road, turbo on variable valve timing with after market ECU is a major pain in the arse, you're better off starting with a non-VVT engine. Why would you spend $2-$3k on an ECU to run VVT when you can spend $800 on an ECU that will handle non-VVT just fine? That alone solves the argument.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 29-08-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    A B18b has a lower compression ratio of 9.2:1 which is better suited to boost, you can run 10psi easy on stock internals, without the hassles of variable valve timing you can also run cheaper engine management systems. The case is open and shut, you can run more boost, more easily, more cheaply with a GSi over a VTiR or Type R. This is an argument of economics and cost benefit analysis, you will always be ahead with a GSi as you're starting with a motor that is going to cost you less of an outlay to begin with.
    O rly?

Very helpful post

Regards getfkdm8
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    dat was a strong bump

9 years hehe