24 23.53%
  • DC2 VTIR TURBO!

78 76.47%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    this is a bit of a sh1t fight isnt it?
    the be all and end all of ANY turbo motor........... cash in equalls power out.
    sure the B18B may be weaker (dont know if this is true or not?) but an upgrade in internals would solve this. (correct?) An upgrade in internals on a b18c changes it charictoristics ( correct?)
    brings me back to what i said
    '$=Kw'
    if you want to spend a little less on purchasing the engine (assuming a b18b cost less)and put a little more into moding it im sure a good result will be acheived. or

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by superR
    sure the B18B may be weaker (dont know if this is true or not?) but an upgrade in internals would solve this. (correct?) An upgrade in internals on a b18c changes it charictoristics ( correct?)
    '$=Kw'
    if you want to spend a little less on purchasing the engine (assuming a b18b cost less)and put a little more into moding it im sure a good result will be acheived. or
    OMG !

Its only taken 49posts, but at long last, the ONLY intelligent post in this thread!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    y thank you.
    i aint no mechanic.... but hey, its baisic knowledge. i am a building superviser and the same equation applies: big $ = a nicer home. simple really.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Now this is the original post that started this thread off and I must admit I misunderstood that the question is in regards to internal 'strength' as opposed to which one will yield more power 'all other factors equal'

Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    theres this thing on these forums going around where people saying the b18b block is stronger? eg: to support turbo. can anyone provide hard evidence to support this case?

need to know, so i know whether i should get dc4 gsi or dc2 vtir. (eventually turbod t28) bang 4 buk wise.

any proffessional advise could be helpful!

Now tinkerbell has mentioned that the b18b's internals aren't stronger.........but is there any hard evidence to support this (I recall you made a good post re the head of the b18c and its strenths over the b18b), but what about the bottom end?

Oh and here's the info about a stock internal vti-r with just spoon cams + toda adj cam gears

13.722 @ 102.31 mph
    60" 2.209
    i made 170.6kws atw
    actuator problem aswell. so boost comes on real late
    i ran street legal semi slicks.
    Edit: Added info about spoon cams + toda cam gears
    Last edited by wynode; 11-11-2005 at 10:21 AM.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superR
    '$=Kw'
    That's all good and great but we are talking stock for stock :P

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Now this is the original post that started this thread off and I must admit I misunderstood that the question is in regards to internal 'strength' as opposed to which one will yield more power 'all other factors equal'

Now tinkerbell has mentioned that the b18b's internals aren't stronger.........but is there any hard evidence to support this (I recall you made a good post re the head of the b18c and its strenths over the b18b), but what about the bottom end?
    ok, did you know that the B18B only uses 8mm rod bolts and the B18C uses 9mm rod bolts?

did you also know that the B18C has a bearing cap bridge and the B18B doesnt.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    ok, did you know that the B18B only uses 8mm rod bolts and the B18C uses 9mm rod bolts?

did you also know that the B18C has a bearing cap bridge and the B18B doesnt.
    did u all know that it only takes 1 phonecall to find out which engine produces more power stock. There is proof at AVO that a vtec was getting 140kw at the wheels and mines getting 132kw at the wheels on the same boost.

did u also know that stock gsi's aint that strong because i have blown 2 of them, 1 stock and 1 on boost.

did u also know that every engine reacts differently to different drivers and how much they cane the f@#k outa the car.

did u know that two cars from factory can run completely different depending on who run them in.

did u know that this thread is getting more and more gay each day.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GSI-PSI
    did u know that this thread is getting more and more gay each day.
    If only we had more constructive replies like tinkerbells

in addition,

here is an interesting article comparing the VTEC head vs non-VTEC head:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...ArticleID=1000

it is well worth registering for that site just for the articles.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

if you want to put down the gsi integras down tinkerbell then maybe you should line up with one and see how good you will go.
    my gsi is in the shop and be out in a few weeks with a full turbo setup if you can show me yours is much better then well meet in a few weeks for a test run.
    in my eyes a gsi is much better to turbo because it doesnt mess with the computer in terms of the vtec kicking in.
    vtec is to be vtec thats it ... putting forced induction on a car that already has its own form of "boost" can upset the fuel and air delivery causing too much combustion in the chambers.
    gsi hasnt got that and i believe turboin them is much better ...
    to some people i could be wrong but integra gsi and ls turbo go pretty high up in the ranks when it comes to turboing hondas.
    if you force too much pressure on your motor by making a vtec and turbo kick in it wont last very long ...its already gotten into race mode after 4000RPM and making a turbo push it even harder doesnt sound really pretty.
    but maybe we should line up ... im in sydney as well so maybe we can have a run to stop people in general from putting down the gsi integras.

Member Array
    Car:
    White EM1
    Hes not "putting down" the B18B engine mate, the original question in the thread was which engine is stronger, tinkerbell has simply given real facts as to the differences in each engine.

The fact of the matter is, the B18B does not flow as well as the B18C, read the tech article, there are restrictions in the B18B engine and differences in width and size of parts.

No one said the B18B was a crappy engine, sure you can make some good power, but the B18C is a 'better' engine in terms of the original question that was asked
    Euro...?

The lower I go, the more she likes it!

Canberra Test Tag - For all your electrical testing needs

Member Array
    Car:
    WRX and R32
    Quote Originally Posted by integrity
    if you want to put down the gsi integras down tinkerbell then maybe you should line up with one and see how good you will go.
    my gsi is in the shop and be out in a few weeks with a full turbo setup if you can show me yours is much better then well meet in a few weeks for a test run.
    in my eyes a gsi is much better to turbo because it doesnt mess with the computer in terms of the vtec kicking in.
    vtec is to be vtec thats it ... putting forced induction on a car that already has its own form of "boost" can upset the fuel and air delivery causing too much combustion in the chambers.
    gsi hasnt got that and i believe turboin them is much better ...
    to some people i could be wrong but integra gsi and ls turbo go pretty high up in the ranks when it comes to turboing hondas.
    if you force too much pressure on your motor by making a vtec and turbo kick in it wont last very long ...its already gotten into race mode after 4000RPM and making a turbo push it even harder doesnt sound really pretty.
    but maybe we should line up ... im in sydney as well so maybe we can have a run to stop people in general from putting down the gsi integras.
    You do realise the later model turbo engines brought out by toyota, nissan and even mitsubishi came out with the manufacturers versions of variable cam timing (vvti, nvcs, mivec) and such?