Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC4 TURBO!

24 23.53%
  • DC2 VTIR TURBO!

78 76.47%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    -nuke-
    Last edited by string; 29-08-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by string

A B18A/B with a big turbo cam designed to make power up to around 8000 rpm will rip a B18C a new one. More capacity means more torque means more power and less lag.
    I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but aren't both motors 1.8L in capacity

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    seriously.... there is like more then 20 kw diffrence with the b18b and b18c in stock form right? isnt it common sense that the b18c will make more power with the same setup used for both engines?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Far cheaper to buy in the first place, far easier to replace parts if/when they kick the bucket. More torque. Longer gears for less no traction. Did I say cheaper?

Until you get into the range of rebuilding internals and going for huge hp numbers, cost to speed ratio will always be won by the b18a/b.

If we are taking out costs, of course the b18c is going to win out. You are revving 20% higher, so there is 20% more power for the same torque right there. And that 20% extra redline will allow you to use a turbo which doens't hit full boost until say, 5500 rpm. On a B18a/b this would be death and would not be very fun at all.
    well, at least someone is making an effort.

Cost wise, fair enough, it may be more economical. There are a lot of people basically saying that it's a better engine from a technical standpoint. That's what I'd love to hear about.

-nuke-
    Last edited by string; 29-08-2014 at 08:10 PM.

-nuke-

-nuke-

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRSS
    my b18c setup will be ready soon my setup is similar to q balls but diffrent brands used,see how i go

will keep you people updated on the new turbo b18c on the forums
    Um yer cool but did you miss the point when i said to compare a stock b18c lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    When you take into account modifications, then they prety much become the same thing, except the b18a/b will be a pig down low since it doesn't have the low cam to keep things nice.
    Haha you cant be serious can ya? A pig down low....erm if only you knew. Yeah sure4 it would be a pig down low if ya using the wrong size turbo and it takes forever to spool up but mate if people were wise they'd use a smaller size turbo etc etc etc. I honestly dont think a b18b would be quicker than a b18c using the exact same setup as what ive got but seriously guys, all ya doin is making up alot of crap to try proving a point thats already been proven.

EXACT SAME TURBO SETUP WITH BOTH HEALTHY ENGINES THE B18C HAS BEEN PROVEN TO HAVE MORE POWER ON THE DYNO

but get a b18c or b18b with high km thats tired and your kw will drop. (as this was the case with my first engine)

I have not once said in this thread that a b18b will have more kw than a b18c and there are definate facts that the b18c should be a stronger option. But at the end of the day when ya on the track its down to the driver when the lights go GREEN

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    Quote Originally Posted by GSI-PSI
    Um yer cool but did you miss the point when i said to compare a stock b18c lol
    what point?a stock b18c has more power then a b18b doesnt?whats ur point again didnt understand?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRSS
    what point?a stock b18c has more power then a b18b doesnt?whats ur point again didnt understand?
    the point I was trying to make in that regards is that the b18c, given an identical turbo set up, will show a greater increase in power than the b18b on the dyno

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    saxman are u and gsi psi same person?i was refering to him but again thanks for ur awnser and thats what i really ment on my previous post,sumone should close this thread