Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wtf Is Wrong???

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    Note that if you use the same Remote Wire for both amps, that can cause problems (one amp could be zapping all the power, leaving nothing for the other amp). You may need to use a relay for the remote-in instead, or use two different Remote sources.
    K, hate to sound noobish, but how do i do that exactly?
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    every now and then...? now is it cutting when there like big power drain? for example big bass? because if thats the problem then there aint enough power so big guage cable.. but other than that if it cutting randomly maybe when you go over bumps and stuff check all the connections...
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Try running a seperate Remote-In from another power source.

Open the fuse box under the dash and use a multimeter (DC voltage) to determine which spare fuse holder is powered when the ignition is on.

Then stick a temporary paperclip or a flat terminal connector in there and connect that to a long wire then into the other amp's remote-in.

Is that safe? I was thinking you meant to wire straight from the back of the head unit, or take a wire stright from one amps remote in to the other's?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah its safe. I mean i've been using a 12v 120amp source to my Audison Amp's Remote-in and its fine. Alot of car audio installers use the ignition for Remote-In anyway, especially if the HU is missing the Remote-In wire.

All amps Remote-in should only take what power it needs to register a continuous power check, which is something like 10milliAmps. Unless maybe if its a cheap'n'nasty amp, but its a Pioneer so it'll be fine to take a high current.

Wow i just keep coming back dont i? lol

Still got the same problem. Do you think maybe my earth cable is not thick enough? Maybe upgrading my battery and grounding cable would fix the problem? Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    WOW, we're not capable of knowing "exactly" what is up with your car, nor are people on here that knowledgable on car audio that can fix something via a post so i'd suggest take it into a store who "know" what they're doing and get them to tell you what is wrong with it and how it can be fixed

well ive taken it to 2 different professionals and both couldnt figure it out. So I'm asking for other possible reasons?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    You need to try some Trial and Error to figure out the problem.

So the remote wire is going into one amp, and then routed to the new amp, right?

You should try it the other way around, re-route the remote wire into the new amp first, then the old amp.

Or to diagnose if it is indeed a remote problem, disconnect the old amp and see if the cutting out still happens.

Another thing to try is find another remote-in source for the new amp. As a temporary test, I would buy a cigarette lighter dummy connector (Jaycar or DickSmith) and attach a wire to the inside contact, and plug the wire into the new amps' remote-in.

If all that fails to rectify the problem, then I would return the new amp if possible, or sell it on eBay or OzHonda and buy a different brand such as an Audison.