Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro

Micro Compressor

Is there anyone who is using a micro compressor on their Euros or perhaps in any other car??

In case anyone don't know what micro compressor is, micro compressor is an add-on aftermarket part similar to a compressor in mercedeses.It improves the power output and fuel consumption.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I thought the compressor in merc's were what we call super chargers? It was just a small 1 to run low boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    my workmate has an 05 180 compressor and from what we can gleem from looking under he bonnet it seems to run via hydrolics ,,

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Merc Kompressors are supercharged -- what sort of supercharger, I don't know...

Merc use a belt driven supercharger.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a 'compressor'

Kompressor is a german term for supercharger.

Now close this shizen housen thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    where does the belt come from , seriously , there doesnt seem to be any belt that connects to anything that would force induction , just hyraulic hoses

Its not exposed.

If you pulled some bits off you would see it.

Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Yeah it's just a supercharger with a different name.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    I Just found my micro compressor a minute ago. Below is the information taken from the information sheet of my micro compressor.

What is it and what it does?
    Super compressor, as the name suggests operates using the technology resembling to that currently applied by Mercedez Benz, a well known German car manufacturer. It consists of a set of 100% fully running component that greatly helps in the compression and the force of air to drawn into the cylinder. Consequently, this will directly increase the quantity of air and pressure and thereby causing the air to draw in much more compressed and faster.
    An internal combustion process within engine could be viewed as well as a sophisticated air pump. At the time during the opening of the cylinder valve, the mixture of air and fuel will rapidly enter the combustion room in a high pressure. The more pressure and quantity of air together with a propotional amount of fuel is then compressed, ignited, and expelled.
    A super compressor system compresses and forces more air into a cylinder that it could take under atmospheric conditions. The more quantity of air, air pressure and fuel in a cylinder, when ignited, the more powerful the resulting explosion.

What about fuel economy?
    During idle and cruise, the compressor is bypassed, so the engine would behave as it would normally. If you force 50% more air into an 3.2L engine, it will perform like an 4.8L engine! In essence, it only forces more air into the engine as you desired.
    More importantly, the effect helps to promote more complete internal combustion resulting in a better running engine and reduced carbon emissions. It is like having two engines in one vehicle, the power of an 4.8 L when you want it, the economy of an 3.2L through the rest of the time.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    You're still talking basically about super-charging -- and it needs something to run it. A turbo spins from the exhaust gasses and sucks more air into the cylinders. A supercharger (or "blower") is powered by the engine and forces more air in. I'd be very careful though: there are some dubious products (mainly electrical) out there that claim to have benefits of forcing air into cylinders, but in reality there is no way they can actually shift the amount of air required -- in a sense, they're a con.

What particular product are you talking about?
    Last edited by Tobster; 29-09-2005 at 10:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ngupil
    I Just found my micro compressor a minute ago. Below is the information taken from the information sheet of my micro compressor.

What is it and what it does?
    Super compressor, as the name suggests operates using the technology resembling to that currently applied by Mercedez Benz, a well known German car manufacturer. It consists of a set of 100% fully running component that greatly helps in the compression and the force of air to drawn into the cylinder. Consequently, this will directly increase the quantity of air and pressure and thereby causing the air to draw in much more compressed and faster.
    An internal combustion process within engine could be viewed as well as a sophisticated air pump. At the time during the opening of the cylinder valve, the mixture of air and fuel will rapidly enter the combustion room in a high pressure. The more pressure and quantity of air together with a propotional amount of fuel is then compressed, ignited, and expelled.
    A super compressor system compresses and forces more air into a cylinder that it could take under atmospheric conditions. The more quantity of air, air pressure and fuel in a cylinder, when ignited, the more powerful the resulting explosion.

What about fuel economy?
    During idle and cruise, the compressor is bypassed, so the engine would behave as it would normally. If you force 50% more air into an 3.2L engine, it will perform like an 4.8L engine! In essence, it only forces more air into the engine as you desired.
    More importantly, the effect helps to promote more complete internal combustion resulting in a better running engine and reduced carbon emissions. It is like having two engines in one vehicle, the power of an 4.8 L when you want it, the economy of an 3.2L through the rest of the time.
    Yep that's the definition of what a supercharger is. Do a search and you'll find some info on the comptech supercharger. Turbo is better for power but supercharging is more realistic for everyday use.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    any chance you are talking about a hiclone?