Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury

[EURO] HID light adjustment

Have been driving my euro lux for a week now and i love the car , just one thing though

those lowbeam hid's are down right dangerous when the car is on an angle i can only see two feet in front of me ( which is scary on twisty hill roads )

I asked the dealer to check them and they said they were at factory specs . when i suggested that perhaps we could adjust them to be higher than factory specs they tols me that there isnt much adjustemnt in them ..

When the car is flat they are not too bad but as soon as the car dips down ( even form a bump on the road ) they are woefull

any one have a fix for this ?

Aren't they automatically levelling?
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    if they are then they are crap

in the manual it says they are but i havemt got anything to compare it too ..

dont know if they adjust to ups and downs or level of the car or how fast they are supposed to adjust

Auto leveling device sensor is on the left hand side of the front suspension arm and rear suspension arm.

check if they are connected correctly, might be a loose connection.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    give it another test. drive the car on a speed bump and stop up there to see if the light adjusted down.
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    good idea , i will do that

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    *Always remember*

If something isn't right in the car... That's what the Warranty is there for....
    This goes out to all new car owners who are paranoid
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by madjace
    Have been driving my euro lux for a week now and i love the car , just one thing though

those lowbeam hid's are down right dangerous when the car is on an angle i can only see two feet in front of me ( which is scary on twisty hill roads )

I asked the dealer to check them and they said they were at factory specs . when i suggested that perhaps we could adjust them to be higher than factory specs they tols me that there isnt much adjustemnt in them ..

When the car is flat they are not too bad but as soon as the car dips down ( even form a bump on the road ) they are woefull

any one have a fix for this ?
    look behind the headlamp assembly.. do you see any adjustment screws? these are usually marked with a up/down arrows.. if you can find, try adjusting those..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I think what you are describing is normal and overtime you will accept it.

I too felt this same dis-satisfaction when i first drove the euro in the twisties (euro being my first HID equipped car). Its true - you only have what seems to be 2 meters of road lit up infront of you when you are on a incline/decline road.

You should be able to notice the HID's trying to self level every moment while the car is moving, and it is audible when the background noise is low.

My only solution while in the twisties is to drive with the highbeams on.

I suffered the consequences of not having the highbeams on in the twisties by hitting a wombat at about 90km/h cracking my front bar. Dont get paranoid .

You'll be right, you'll get used to it.

I also think it has to do with height between the road and the projector.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"

[EURO] HID light adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by MiSloVic
    look behind the headlamp assembly.. do you see any adjustment screws? these are usually marked with a up/down arrows.. if you can find, try adjusting those..

You should not have to adjust anything if the auto leveling sensor is working.
    Your method only works for lights without the sensor.
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

just out of interest guys, sorry to be off topic, but how many Kelvin is the factory HID of euro lux? any idea?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    4300k i think is the STD for all HID equipped cars...
    (but i think the liberty B4 has higher K ratings as they are quite purple even seeing them in stright direction)