Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by |N|
    i want EURO now...
    Comeeee comeeee.... to the dark side.....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    good read .....but now try telling that to commodore and falcon lovers......
    Assumed Reply.. "Noooooooo, my fully sik Commo will own yas all moit!"
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Assumed Reply.. "Noooooooo, my fully sik Commo will own yas all moit!"
    lol - I still remember that old thread of yours where some guys in a Commo at Maccas said something to you like - "nice civic moit - bit of a girls car!"

It is a good review this - but I can honestly say now with my handling mods the stock Euro can be improved greatly with a sway bar, and lowered with stiffer springs and a strut brace. I have also almost said goodbye to that dreaded wheelhop. I even used to get it accidentally casually driving in the wet at as little as 2500rpm.
    Last edited by yfin; 04-10-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    i think it says something about the beautiful simplicity of japanese... no, honda engineering. sticking with a simpl fwd platform rather than an environmentally unfriendly awd (power robbing) drive config. all the devices on the two euros seem to really slow them down.. too bad! i'd like to see safety ratings as well, and fuel consumption...

go honda!

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    this test result really suprised me, especially when they say euro is a heaps better in handing than an s4. When I drove my mate's euro, the handle really was a little disappointing to me, it had too much body roll, I thought the springs were a bit too soft and the car was a little heavy....but maybe I was expecting too much from an family orientated car, for a family car's standard, it's in the excellent range.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    this test result really suprised me, especially when they say euro is a heaps better in handing than an s4. When I drove my mate's euro, the handle really was a little disappointing to me, it had too much body roll, I thought the springs were a bit too soft and the car was a little heavy....but maybe I was expecting too much from an family orientated car, for a family car's standard, it's in the excellent range.
    There is definately too much roll if you try and change direction quickly. A few choice mods nip that in the bud quickly.

I disagree the Euro is heavy for a 4 door sedan - base is 1390kg. I can't remember the car 100% but I was looking at the specs for a new small car recently (maybe the new astra?) and it was very close to 1390kg. I couldn't believe it.

Even the STI weighs 100kg more - seen the weight of the Falcons? Your eyes will water (1670kg+ just for the base).

So to say it is a little heavy is not right.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I know i know, euros are only 1400KG, which really aren't...I just feel it's a tad on the heavy side when i took few corners. Maybe i should set my mind straight when i drive it next time, i full pictured the car as a proper sports car when i drove it hehe..
    One more thing, euro isjust so smoooooooth, i have never ever driven something smoother...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I have to Agree to Disagree with Yfin.... Heeheehee....

I think the Euro is heavy for a medium sized family sedan.. Then again, look at the amount of insulation in the car LOL! Quiet as for the stock models
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    I have to Agree to Disagree with Yfin.... Heeheehee....

I think the Euro is heavy for a medium sized family sedan.. Then again, look at the amount of insulation in the car LOL! Quiet as for the stock models
    Nah - not heavy for a medium sized sedan. It is within 10kg of the Mazda 6 weight and over 115kg less than the v6 Camry sportivo manual. Seriously it isn't bad in its class at all!

Speaking of Mazdas - anyone care to guess how much the Mazda 6 MPS weighs??
    1612kg in the base and 1639kg in the leather pack.

Now that is just obese!
    Last edited by yfin; 04-10-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    but its got 190kw and 380nm to compensate:P

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution42
    but its got 190kw and 380nm to compensate:P
    Sure it does but 222kg diff between that and base Euro. I am not saying the Euro is better or anything - so don't lose my point here - I am just saying the Euro isn't that heavy!