Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8

TV/DVD in an S2000

i havent got an S2000 yet and wont be getting one anytime soon due to suspended license (5 more months to go)

but just wondering has anyone got a tv/dvd player in their s2000. i've got a Pioneer AVHP5750DVD but i dont think it will fit the standard position of the cd player as there is not enoght room for the motorise screen to open up or is there??
    than i came acroos this on carsales. looks kool and expensive

seems like a good idea. is this factory option or something.
    my question is, people with tv/dvd screens in there S2000 how did you go about it?

isnt that only on the jap spec ones ??
    correct me if im wrong

JDM s2's had the nav screen (think it was an option)
    you cant install a motorised flip face unit in the standard position as there isnt enough clearance for the screen to open, you would have to get one installed in the dash as per above ^

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    hondaboy is right ... also , the JDM spec sat nav doesnt work in Australia ....

however .. room and space is a big issue for the S2000 .... you may want seriously consider it before putting one in , ask yourself is it worth the trouble? as only your passenger can watch it ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i have asked around and you can get the same setup as the jdm S2k through custom moddiing of the dash. Lifestyle store in parra want about 600 in labour and another 1600 for the screen and dvd unit. Another alternative is the JVC single DIN DVD/TV unit which fits into the standard slot.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 civic 4 door hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    i have asked around and you can get the same setup as the jdm S2k through custom moddiing of the dash. Lifestyle store in parra want about 600 in labour and another 1600 for the screen and dvd unit. Another alternative is the JVC single DIN DVD/TV unit which fits into the standard slot.
    Very good idea...
    and it means you don't have to cut and mangle your dash...
    http://www.jvc-australia.com/products/_products_sub_group_details.asp?ID=1399
    Last edited by VTECD; 03-10-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    yeah that looks sick, you can probably get that done custom easily enough!
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8
    thumbs up guys.

i'm just curious as when i was on carsales the tv/nav looks so good in that position. its not worth selling my tv, i guess when the time comes i'll get a custom job done.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    hi had a new visor made up and it went in there, half done with one in the driver and the passenger is coming soon, when i have time to install it and have the thing all running again.

S2Krazy Array
    ahhh **** lol. I was planning on ripping my IVA D300E single din tv/dvd headunit out of my Prelude and putting it in the S2000. So it definately won't work?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    unless ur screen comes out like 10cm.. it won't fit..

even then.. i think the gearstick will get in the way..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

it looks like it will fit.......hmmmm.....ydrift where are you from? i might know someone that can do it for you PM me if interested