Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRZ
    nice writeup, can you install HID is stock headlight assembly or does it require some projector kind of headlight assembly ???
    it requires a projector in the headlight if you want any sort of decent light output, want high quality components that will last and work well, and don't want to blind on coming traffic

if you don't care about making it unsafe for other drivers on the road, don't mind very low quality parts on your car, and just want to say you have hid's, you can put them in the stock headlights

Quote Originally Posted by my_honda
    From what I gathered, there are some cars that have support of aftermarket head lights that come with the projector which is good for a HID kit.
    99% of the aftermarket projector headlights out there are horrible for hid use. The projectors are completely worthless on them for any sort of light output.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5-Luxury
    Nice writeup

Are the xclips necessary to hold the globes in? Don't they fit like normal halogen globes?

I know in other cars clips aren't needed. Is it just DC5?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-4ME View Post
    Nice writeup

Are the xclips necessary to hold the globes in? Don't they fit like normal halogen globes?

I know in other cars clips aren't needed. Is it just DC5?

Thanks
    I got hid;s in my car julie. i didnt use xclips... im not even using any clip... u know how u have that metla wire thing that locks into place behind the x clip.... instead of the x clip, i put foam there, so the wire wraps n locks in n is a snug fit with the foam behind the bulb.. fits eprfectly mand works a treat. Also u have to take off bumper AND headlight so yeah be prepared. Have u gotten ur hid;s yet julie? what brightness r u looking at?

i Got 6000K!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    thanks for the DIY nice thread! just wondering... i've done my car and seems like we're both missing the white piece on the middle of this car.

let me know if you took it off, or bought the car without one line mines.
    http://a687.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...9d17973b86.jpg
    Honda - The Power of Dreams