Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    U talk like the dc5r is dog shit... Its not, yes its not as 'great' as the jdm dc5r... But do u see ppl on nissansilvia giving so much shit to the audm silvia as opposed to the jdm silvia, or the aust delivered rx7's compared to the jdm rx7's?? No they dont...

And regarding the prices on redbook and what the general market is asking for, you should know that 95% of the market's prices are a few grand on top.
    He just doesn't understand that people make-do with what they have here.
    The DC5R is still a great car and so is the DC5S, i wouldn't change neither of them.
    I wouldn't mind a JDM DC5R but such is life, accept what we have here!

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    U talk like the dc5r is dog shit... Its not, yes its not as 'great' as the jdm dc5r... But do u see ppl on nissansilvia giving so much shit to the audm silvia as opposed to the jdm silvia, or the aust delivered rx7's compared to the jdm rx7's?? No they dont...

And regarding the prices on redbook and what the general market is asking for, you should know that 95% of the market's prices are a few grand on top.
    Hahahaha, dude you're too sensitive about the issue, its just my opinion that im not a fan of the Audm DC5R. You have a Type-S & in fact you should be proud im not giving you shit, lol, ....and yes i do hear/read people giving crap about the audm silvias and i dont really care.
    @WATAJK, where have you been these days my friend? auto-elect replacing you're interior map light ? lol

Back to the topic. Yes, i know about ppl's prices are a few grand above the redbook thats why wonder how that became a trend. a few does it, then a few hundreds more follows and makes a benchmark of that price.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 22-12-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    calm down people!

nothing modifying cannot fix too. i'm budgeting 18-23 for one in great condition (don't know if it will be enough, there was one asking for 22k which had 63k looked mint but sold) a few people asking 25-26+ 80-90k+km i think thats being a bit ambitious, cars getting 6 years old now and higher km.

anyway will see what i can find before my new job starts on the 17th (golfs are too exxy, don't like the renaults, fords, holdens, nc mx5 is tempting but the lack of power/modability of the engine is an issue but not off the cards yet same with a mini r53s, mazda 3 don't really like, and has to be a 2005+ car lowish km, mint, hmmm fussy! will see what i discover, hence the type s is ideal so far even though i would love something compact rwd but there is nothing around.

i think 18-23 sounds reasonable, 21-23 for a mint type s?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    A few people who have dc5r tend to facelift their car, in doing this, its defiantely a cheaper option and more worthwhile to buy the Type S. However if your budget is in the low 20's / high teen's, dont get aType S. Its not really a bang for buck option to be honest. mods are expensive and rare to come by.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    this one is a good catch imo.. and u can always bargain

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...0721&silo=1011
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yes i had seen that one, if i cant find one in melbourne by the new year i may fly up and check it out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    im asking $25k for mine its on car sales but if i got the right offer i would sell it(but in no hurry at all as it still got more parts coming for it).. but i think they are worth more 18-21(just my opinion)
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    I have a red Type S in Brisbane with 80k on it that may be for sale shortly (@ the right price) if you are interested!

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    ^ I would if it wasnt red and in melb.

Not looking at Red (fades), Black (swirls, stone chips and dirt shows bad - not owning another black car!) and possibly the copper orange, so looks like white, vivid blue or silver atm. fussy i know.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    haha hey! my one red is fine, it hasn't faded at all. i just need to buff a few swirl marks out of it. and i also own a black dc5r... the paint on that is horrible at the moment... but i can't decide which one i want to keep!

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    out of black or red, i'd go with red, the black is a very nice colour (nighthawke black with blue pearl) although its a pain in the arse to maintain, plus honda's very soft paint, you have trouble minimising holograms and swirls, hence id take red even if it fades although may not be too much of an issue if the car is mostly undercover.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    a car is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it.
    if you want that car, you are gonna spend the money in getting it.

in my opinion aswell, a type s integra is still worth 24-25k. thats with 50-60kms and in mint condition.
    like i said, i sold mine for that, and i would pay that for one in the same condition.

overall, i see the type s as the newer model compared to the type R, and in my opinion, the S should still fetch more $$ than the Type R. No matter what the badge says. Yes i know it hasnt got that "Type R" hype name on it, but essentially you are paying for a newer and upgraded model, which justifies the extra $$.

after selling mine, i cant justify purchasing/selling an R for over 22-23