Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    Hey Type S owners, since this thread is dedicated about the Type S, can anyone tell me what the standard tyres are? Are they Bridgestone RE050?
    Cheers
    yes, potenza RE050

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    Just bumping this thread up as i'm looking to purchase a type s now or just after the new year.

What would people pay/have paid for of 2005-6 Type S with approx 50-75,000km, stock (no mods)

Redbook have them going for 17-20k with 50-90,000km, is this accurate

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Thats a reasonable price, most people that would sell them with over 50,000kms @ over $20,000 are dreaming. Good luck finding one though
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    i sold my 06, one month ago, for 26k.
    it had 65,000kms, Nighthawk Black,
    only mod was lowering springs and a cai.

i definately wouldnt say ppl asking 20k+ are dreaming.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    shit you got a great price for that at 26k must have been mint condition. Just checked a blue one out at eastern honda wanted 23990, lets just say it wasn't up to scratch with a botchy rear end bumper accident repair/ front door out of alignment/possibly bent, didn't think a honda dealer would have been this dodgey about it trying to pass it off as ok. buyer beware.

if i cant find a decent one for a good price i may be tempted to a nc mx5 (dont really want as its lacking power)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    hey guys
    i bought my one from auctions (it was repossed) for 18750 (about 21 on road after rego and insurance)
    its an 05 in black, and had 94000km
    its got no mods (which i prefer as i need it for long drives) and had recent servicing, new Goodyear 3000a tyres, and has passed all rta inspections, however the paint has a few bird dropping marks, and stone chips, but expected on a black car of this age
    i looked around on carsales and didnt find anything cheaper

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    Thats a reasonable price, most people that would sell them with over 50,000kms @ over $20,000 are dreaming. Good luck finding one though
    Your only saying that cos you drive a dc5r.

The Type S can be had anywhere from 21ish - 27ishk

Also please note with the k series in the type s, there is no such thing as a major service, the major is now split into 2 x semi major services; 80K and 120K. Having said that, picking upa TYpe S after 80K is going to save you money in the long run(obviosuly make sure if the 80k has been properly done)

Furthermore, the Type S is generally owned by a much more mature crowd. Myself eprsonally, whilst looking at a variety of cars have always noticed that the price Redbook has the cars price range listed, the cars on Carsales are always a few thousand above that price range.

On a side note, there are only two faults with the Type S you should look out for;
    a) the tail lights - some facelifted dc5 e.g dc5's from late 2004 - early 2007/late 2006 have a weaker taillight gasket, and thus moisture is found in the tail lights.

b) the gearbox - on colder days, sometimes the 3rd gear will pop out, even though you have engaged./disengaged the gear/clutch properly. This is easily fixed by changing the gearbox oil. The service manual says to change it at 100k KLM, because the oil is so cheap, I get mine from Meekong in SYdney, $18/bottle - and you need two bottles. Its a cost effective maintaince regime to ensure the gearbox isnt under any premature wear. From this, I change the gearbox oil every 10k klm. Having said that, I also service by car every 10K klm intervals as per the service log, and perform a 5k klm oil change in between as well.
    Last edited by r3ckless; 21-12-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    hey r3ckless, where are u from?

i live in Syd, but go to uni in Armidale, which is pretty north NSW, so thats why I'm saying no to the mods, because i drive up Bucketts way (also known as Thunderbolts), and I'm not too keen on a bone-hard ride for a 6hr drive and a CAI where there's a lot of puddles and rain

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I see, yeah well im quite careful in regards to bumps / pot holes on the road, and im actually used to the stiffness these days. hehe

I see you jsut joined dude, jump onto clubitr.com.au. Theres a fiar few dc5s on that forum now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    yeah mate I have, like a month ago, but it keeps saying that my account isnt like active and i need to be approved, because i cant post or write on any forums

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Your only saying that cos you drive a dc5r.
    I dont drive a DC5R.. I have a DC2R

I like Type S as much as anyone here (more than the wattered-down Aust delivered dc5r) but thats what im saying sellers should at least follow the redbook for a fairer price otherwise if they up-the-ante it'll become a trend just like what we see now for most ppl and im not saying all ppl.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    I dont drive a DC5R.. I have a DC2R

I like Type S as much as anyone here (more than the wattered-down Aust delivered dc5r) but thats what im saying sellers should at least follow the redbook for a fairer price otherwise if they up-the-ante it'll become a trend just like what we see now for most ppl and im not saying all ppl.
    U talk like the dc5r is dog shit... Its not, yes its not as 'great' as the jdm dc5r... But do u see ppl on nissansilvia giving so much shit to the audm silvia as opposed to the jdm silvia, or the aust delivered rx7's compared to the jdm rx7's?? No they dont...

And regarding the prices on redbook and what the general market is asking for, you should know that 95% of the market's prices are a few grand on top.