Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

[Euro] Hi flo cat

I think it is worth posting a link to a new topic on one of the yank TSX forums. It is hard to directly compare numeric gains on the TSX to the Euro as there are some differences between the cars (ECU, etc)- but given the increase reported it is something worth noting.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9183

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25824

So who is going to try it first? I wonder if there will be much difference just running the stock exhaust and header (unlikely). I don't have any plans to change from stock.
    Last edited by yfin; 04-10-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Can we get such a nicely produced cat over here? Most of the cat's I've seen at the muffler shops look like those from a $2 shop (no offence to $2 shops, I still shop there).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    My old cars all ran MagnaFlow/CarSound Cats... They are abit steep (around 300 bucks installed), although I have no dyno to prove the gains, but I was able to experience the rev fly past faster... I'm not sure if it's normal but when it was first installed, the car lagged and only a couple of hundred Ks later, I could physically see/feel the gains....

Then again, a 13HP (SAE measurement) seems alot for a cat... I'll be interested on that too LOL!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    I am in a quandary over it at present.

Option one....buy now, cancel Fulcrum looking at my alignment, and drive like a granny till pay day next week (will have to fill the tank twice between now then).

Option two...hold off till pay day next week and hope there's still a few places left to be among the first 30.

Hmm living from pay to pay at the moment.....whoever said engineers get paid well is living on Mars
    Last edited by Matell; 04-10-2005 at 08:50 PM.

any updates on this?
    sorry to bring such an old thread,,,but just wondering if any members here got any aftermarket cat/ high flow cat.
    if so what brand r you guys using?
    so far I only knew that ChrisF has euroR car installed,,,
    I also heard from the US forums that running Random Tech cat may cause Check Engine Light to come on.. this really scares me as I dont wanna get in to problems..those TSX owners solve the probs by having 2 anti-foulers on for the O2 sensor...well any thoughts? thanks
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

the above picture is the internal of the random tech. cat. That's the first time i've seen a picture of the inside. Comparing how that looks to the internal of the CL7 cat i'd say they are both 300 cell metal cats. I believe the australian manfacturer Metal Cat uses 200cell (which should flow better). But the benifit of the CL7 cat is that it doesn't cause any codes to be thrown, guaranteed a good fit (only with a CL7 specific header however).

Personally though i don't believe the gains would be as great as people are suggesting (I'm assuming dyno tests were done on differing days which can totally skew the numbers aswell). The reason for saying this: a test pipe would be unlikely gain 5-10 hp over a stock cat. I think I might of read this at TSX Club in one of the comments Noel made about high flow cats.

true man., there is no way a high-flow cat would make a gain more than 5-10 over stock cat, as it definitely cant gain more than a test pipe.. well, having a NON-JDM header and NON-JDM cat-back means I cant run EuroR cat..
    so... now the random tech cat is the only one in the market that is bolt on?How about Metal cat?where to get it? thanks
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    I know of one car running a "accidentally dropped" cat, AUDM B18C stock with cat-back & a bit of VAFC fiddling on the dyno that pulls 15kW over a stock JDM B18C.

running a random cat is unlikely to cause a CEL, i know of people who run a test pipe on the euro without any problems.

anyway you can get a metal cat from www.psiproducts.com.au
    or there're group buys for them or traders selling on other forums for around $300.
    you can take the flanges off your stock cat and weld them on, most exhaust shops should be able to do it.

thanks people,
    to CRXer - what I meant was, I dont think a high flow cat alone can make more gain than a test pipe.
    Driven - from reading here - http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...ghlight=fouler
    about 80% of the tsx with high-flow cat (most of them are RT cat) have CEL on??
    I got quoted from RT cat dealer from the US about $400us so i think its quite expensive but they are the only high flow cat that is bolt on..
    I might give it a go but it has to be around next month or two after I get my cosmetics done..
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    $400us for a hiflow cat
    just get some xforce or whatever and weld them on

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    I have a metal cat on my h22a. I don't think it made that much of a difference. Don't really think it was worth the $320 or whatever I paid for it.