Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Sorry to kick up an old thread... But is this all the same with an engine conversion? I can understand the EPa getting involved with a turbo conversion, but are they involved with engine swaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    are u trying to say will u need one? i think its if u got 15 or 20% bigger displacement u will need one? ie. 1.6 to 1.8 is ok 2.0 will need a cert.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    its different in every state.

But yes, fitting some engines leglally will require an engineers certificate. If they were in an australian delivered car, its easy to show they are ADR complient and often the sniffer test can be avoided.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    its different in every state.

But yes, fitting some engines leglally will require an engineers certificate. If they were in an australian delivered car, its easy to show they are ADR complient and often the sniffer test can be avoided.
    So it's possible to avoid the sniffer with a K24A in an EG?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    not to sure about NSW but in the ACT i had to get an emisions test done on my k24 conversion and iam using stock cat and ECU, i think you might have to get one cause i know of a guy in syd with an EK k20a who had a few problems getting his to pass. Iam currently having the same problems but not to same extent. because we have to comply with epa law of the chassis make not the engine make its easier to pass say an EF k20\4a then an EK k20\4a. go get the test done and see how you go might be ok use stock cat and ECU. I failed the other day soim going to use 2 cats to see if that will help.

good luck mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    How about if we just have like Exhaust, Headers, Coilovers, CAI, braces + asr LCAs, koyo radiator, etc. no engine swap though. If we engineer that then no defect?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah. you'll be fine if you engineer.

Normally with your mods above you don't need an engineers' certificate, as theses are allowable owner mods in NSW. But the cops usually pull a shifty when they wanna book you if they feel in the mood and pull out the "Not Standard" crap, to defect you.

If you have an engineer's certificate they usually leave you alone cos its not worth their trouble.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by bal View Post
    not to sure about NSW but in the ACT i had to get an emisions test done on my k24 conversion and iam using stock cat and ECU, i think you might have to get one cause i know of a guy in syd with an EK k20a who had a few problems getting his to pass. Iam currently having the same problems but not to same extent. because we have to comply with epa law of the chassis make not the engine make its easier to pass say an EF k20\4a then an EK k20\4a. go get the test done and see how you go might be ok use stock cat and ECU. I failed the other day soim going to use 2 cats to see if that will help.

good luck mate.
    Mine was originally a 91/92 dual carb EG. Hopefully i should be ok.
    Also, pretty sure Vic is a bit more lenient than NSW.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    yeah. you'll be fine if you engineer.

Normally with your mods above you don't need an engineers' certificate, as theses are allowable owner mods in NSW. But the cops usually pull a shifty when they wanna book you if they feel in the mood and pull out the "Not Standard" crap, to defect you.

If you have an engineer's certificate they usually leave you alone cos its not worth their trouble.
    doesnt matter dude they can still defect it. jsut cos u have an engineers certificate doesnt mean they cant get you for it. at the end of the day its good to have the cert. though cos it makes everything alot easier to clear.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    Does anyone know if u need any mod plates, emission/epa tests or engineer stuff for a vortech supercharged B16 in a EM1..??
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    in NSW - if you use a non-standard ECU yes need EPA testing. If you use piggyback no donn't need EPA testing.

go figure, that's how the engineer explained it to me
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 my01

QLD mod details

The link below is a fairly useful pdf covering what things need engineering and what don't for QLD. http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...on_jan05v2.pdf

Check out
    http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...modifications/
    for more information

Hope it helps, I found it refreshingly clear.

--Rat