Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    ok i just read this thread and im sorta understanding what i have to do. . .

just to be sure can someone please break it down for me.

im in NSW

i got an EG si. what i put in is a b20/b18 w/ modded cams, b18 manifold, ek9 gearbox, stock ecu but chipped by pro. getting 262mm rotors front and back with stock calipers, stock suspension, and all bits n pieces ie wiring, dist, alt and interior n that all stock with steelies.

my question is do i need anything else to pass my car AND what has to be done to get the car cleared and ready for rego (emissions, eng cert) ???

thx
    Last edited by Lex_EG93; 03-05-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_EG93 View Post
    ok i just read this thread and im sorta understanding what i have to do. . .

just to be sure can someone please break it down for me.

im in NSW

i got an EG si. what i put in is a b20/b18 w/ modded cams, b18 manifold, ek9 gearbox, stock ecu but chipped by pro. getting 262mm rotors front and back with stock calipers, stock suspension, and all bits n pieces ie wiring, dist, alt and interior n that all stock with steelies.

my question is do i need anything else to pass my car AND what has to be done to get the car cleared and ready for rego (emissions, eng cert) ???

thx
    Buddy I've already posted one page back exactly what you need to do...

I doubt stock calipers and stock suspension will pass the engineer with that power upgrade
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    i c i just thought it would be different cuz im not running a turbo setup and its 15% 'bigger' than my original. . .

so i need sussy n brakes. . . sweet
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_EG93 View Post
    i c i just thought it would be different cuz im not running a turbo setup and its 15% 'bigger' than my original. . .

so i need sussy n brakes. . . sweet
    Yeah it depends on who your engineer bro

You need to contact one before you start spending cash

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Buddy I've already posted one page back exactly what you need to do...

I doubt stock calipers and stock suspension will pass the engineer with that power upgrade
    Stock sussy should pass dunno about the calipers but you might need to look into that.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    With the EG Si being a 1.6 and the 15% rule and an engine of the same make, puts you at 1.84 ltrs allowable without a cert of any sort, run a B18 opposed to a B20 block so its not obvious to someone who may know hondas should you get pulled up, make sure its not too loud, your induction enclosed and address the other little crap they get you for ( breathers, cat, height, ect ) i cant see you really having a drama unless you bring the unwanted attention yourself.

Has anyone had a good experience with a particular engineer in sydney while were here??

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    Has anyone had a good experience with a particular engineer in sydney while were here??
    Yeah

I got mine done by John from Consulmotive

Nice guy

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    With the EG Si being a 1.6 and the 15% rule and an engine of the same make, puts you at 1.84 ltrs allowable without a cert of any sort, run a B18 opposed to a B20 block so its not obvious to someone who may know hondas should you get pulled up, make sure its not too loud, your induction enclosed and address the other little crap they get you for ( breathers, cat, height, ect ) i cant see you really having a drama unless you bring the unwanted attention yourself.
    got all the parts already just saving for brake setup and costs for the rego. . .
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    any1 in melbourne who can hook me up wid a engineeers cert please.

i feel scared driving past po-po's

atleast this way ill have "some sort" of argument

How does an engineer decide if your brakes are "big" enough for your power level? Stock calipers with nice fluid, excellent pads and new oem discs stop 10 times better but will this be a problem as nothing is "bigger"?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    How does an engineer decide if your brakes are "big" enough for your power level? Stock calipers with nice fluid, excellent pads and new oem discs stop 10 times better but will this be a problem as nothing is "bigger"?
    They drive very fast and time the stop then the work out the max power rating they will engineer your car with the current brake setup...

Its more complicated than that but hey that will do.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    any1 in melbourne who can hook me up wid a engineeers cert please.

i feel scared driving past po-po's

atleast this way ill have "some sort" of argument
    im pretty sure you need to get a epa test done first, they will set you back ~$700. vicroads will have a list of all the certified engineers in vic. they know there shit so no point bullshitting them, also most dont answer many questions over the phone, they rather you made a appointment and charge you $100p/hr to talk to them.