Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Has any Euro owners here ever heard or hear slight ticking noises coming out of the car? Seems to be coming out of that belt thingy on the left hand side of the intake plenum?

I've already ordered the K & N Typhoon Intake Kit for the Euro RED colour heeheeheehee... when it arrives in 8-10 weeks by sea mail, I will install it and let u all know how it feels..

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I think I have heard this noise just after start up - I can only hear it from outside the car. I can't hear it from inside the car.

I think it is tappet noise when the car is warming up (this is what my dad said who is a mechanic - apparently nothing to worry about). Does this describe what you are experiencing?

Regarding the K&N - I think everyone wants to know - how are you purchasing it? (ie through the Australian K&N distributor or over the web?). Also - how much in Aussie $ terms ?

cheers

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    That was what I initially thought, but the ticking noise gets louder when the engine is warm....

Ok.. here are the details

I used Rocket Industries to special order one set for me at AUD380 through sea mail together with their container load from USA (which explains the long wait and free freight) IF you want it in 2 weeks, add another 100 for air freight.

Nick was the bloke I spoke too and he was very very helpful, he will even triple check that it the CAI that fits the TSX will fit our Euros (Safety precaution :P) even though I have placed an order.

I was just thinking, maybe if you guys do a group buy, I can maybe talk him into lowering the price for each uni.

They come in the four main K&N colours and can be converted into a Short Ram Intake Kit.

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The K&N sounds great.

The only problem is why K&N Australia is charging $380? Lots of US based web sites advertise the K&N for $185USD (or $250 AUD). See

http://www.hopupracing.com/kntyinsyacts.html

:evil:

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I'm getting the K&N replacement filter. Doubt it'll give me much gains (if any), but it's a cheap thrill for me. $140 only, and it'll last a lifetime.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    The K&N sounds great.

The only problem is why K&N Australia is charging $380? Lots of US based web sites advertise the K&N for $185USD (or $250 AUD). See

http://www.hopupracing.com/kntyinsyacts.html

:evil:
    I would say it has something to do with the import taxes, warehousing costs, etc etc etc.
    Every items that are imported are always more expensive than in the original country.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    True indeed, and besides, they need to make some beer money too since it's not ordered in bulk.. I wouldn't mind paying abit extra for the service and friendliness they gave me..

Back to my other question, any Euro owners hear of the ticking noise even at warmed up idle?

CHEERS
    Nick

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    my engine is sooo quiet (without A/C on) that I sometimes think the engine is not on yet :P

so, my answer is no
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Quote Originally Posted by euro77
    my engine is sooo quiet (without A/C on) that I sometimes think the engine is not on yet :P

so, my answer is no
    yeah .. that's the same with me ... engine so quiet I sometimes turn the key cause i forget it's actually on

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Slugoid - please keep us posted on your impressions once you fit the K&N filter!

Speaking of the quiet engine - recently I thought I stalled the engine at traffic lights trying to take off in 1st gear. Anyway - i turned the key briefly - it wasn't a pleasant sound as the engine was running!

I was cursing myself for ages - a real clutzy thing to do. I know, I know - I should have checked the tacho first - it was a reflex action from my old Mazda that would stall often.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Opps I forgot to add, when I mentioned the ticking noise to the service people, they had it checked out and told me it's normal..

Any Melbourne Euros want to meet me so I can get a quick listen to their Euros?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Euro13 - I'll meet with you so you can listen to my car - I live in Armadale and have a 6MT arctic blue.

The one thing I'll ask in return is that once you get your K&N intake installed you take my for a ride!

PM me.

cheers
    y