Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI

extractors and more perfomance help

hey guys got me catback put on today just 2inch with a new resonator...noticed a little change but not alot sound note is nicer and ya gotta love the sound of just sitting at the lights my next question is this i plan to get extractors to get more out of my system...i had alook at hurrcane headers and they look good and i can get them for 550 installed...wat are your thoughts on this where will i feel the difference in power if much at all...i then wish to work on the engine bay....i ahve put a pod filter in my stock airbox and have kept all my intake pipes on it..but wen it comes to teh rest of teh engine i hav no idea i feeel theres not alot of room to work wif and dont know wat little things i can do under the hood that can give me extra performance and prices would be good
    cheers guys

well with me... there was only a difference from 3rd gear onwards.. a pretty big difference actually. i'm able to pull about 2 or 3 carlengths on cars that used to be almost side by side with me. i was surprised by it.. mayb i can just drive better than then.. but doubt it lol.. well i think its worth gettin an aftermarket cat at the same time.. it'll only cost about $750 all up if u get the cat and extractors together.. good luck with it man. cheers

I'm not sure on how good Hurricane are but our sponsors are offering $450 shipped for Xforce headers.

Yeah those Xforce ones that Trav is selling look pretty good, anyone used these? Any noticable gains?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    as above, that i like to know too

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Lude Vti-R
    a friend has them and he said the weld is so dodgy he has redone them 2-3 times..with the Xforce ones....

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI
    yeh guys just got quoted 350 for hurricane headers at local carline installed...seems the way to go just shop around sure to find somethin along that price...but hurricane headers live up to there reputation my mate had some on his sylvia i noticed alot of gains he reckosn around 20kw

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    With i/h/e on NA cars that are basically stock, top end power gains are small but u should notice that the power cruve ur car has is a lot smoother, and response will increase a lot.

B20A's are hard to get a lot of power out of, u can spend 10k on all NA mods and ull get a power increase of about 20-30kw, probably not even that, and thats with cams, i/h/e, ignition tuning and some other shite. Best bet for high performance is turbocharging the car, a member already has a boosted b20a on here.