Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: s2000 header

there will be **** all gains with a full flowing exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by hondaboy
    there will be **** all gains with a full flowing exhaust
    How so?

So many threads on ozhonda contain info on mods, but very rarely have i ever seen what gains these mods bring!

F20C is highly tuned from factory, so further gains are quite hard to achieve and are consequently expensive. Not worth the money IMO, forced induction is much better value for money.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboy
    F20C is highly tuned from factory, so further gains are quite hard to achieve and are consequently expensive. Not worth the money IMO, forced induction is much better value for money.
    Your correct dude. its very hard to gain power from the S2K engine otherwise it wouldnt be the best N/A 2.0L engine in the world. But!!!! A proper exhaust system like the TODA one is proven to give gains. I shall show u guys my dyno charts when I finally put them on. You gotta remember that its not just power that is the gain. When u change the exhaust and headers u get a much smoother top end. It doesnt choke when ur blasting it in the red zone and the engine runs smoother as the exhaust gases leave quicker.
    But seriously ur right coz the whole S2K exhaust system is-

1. Mandrel bent
    2. Stainless Steel
    3. 2.5 inches in diameter

but where it does need improvement is the headers as they are heavy and the lengths arent as tuned and the rear mufflers. They kill top end performance as they are restrictive due to noise regs.
    If you read our Toda Racing post on "best bang for bucks" for the S2K at the top of the S2K forum u will know what to do.
    Last edited by blusir2; 14-02-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Can i run the toda headers with the rest of the stock exhaust system?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by stock2k
    Can i run the toda headers with the rest of the stock exhaust system?
    u can of course but no point unless u at least change the rear mufflers..

coz if u high flow the system from the header back and then it comes to a standstill at the rear mufflers u have just wasted all the money for the headers.

this is what i am doin and its only personal choice. i am gettin the headers and already have 2 rear mufflers, that are like the mugen loops from civics, with piping made up to fit the original mid section pipe and a matching flange. with this i will get power gain but no loud droning exhaust as i drive my car everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by blusir2
    u can of course but no point unless u at least change the rear mufflers..

coz if u high flow the system from the header back and then it comes to a standstill at the rear mufflers u have just wasted all the money for the headers.

this is what i am doin and its only personal choice. i am gettin the headers and already have 2 rear mufflers, that are like the mugen loops from civics, with piping made up to fit the original mid section pipe and a matching flange. with this i will get power gain but no loud droning exhaust as i drive my car everyday.
    i know that i won't get pwer gains but u mentioned that the headers being heavy and untuned lengths, thats why i wanna change them to improve this problem but i don't want a loud muffler as it gets annoying . will there be any diff it i just change the headers? how quiet is ur set up?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    There wont be too much difference in noise as the headers are really for top end use so unless u really gas it u wun hear much difference. Even then it will only be a little louder. Its the rear muffler that creates noise as that is the exit point. But a proper exhaust is definately a good idea as the flow is much better. U can actually feel it in the accelerator as the throttle response up top is better coz the engine isnt choking.
    I think the setup i said before is quite a good one. but the first thing to change is the rear mufflers before the headers. They are the achilles' tendon of the S2K's exhaust. Then get the headers if u were to get things in stages. But gettin both is best as ur car will be in the workshop anywayz. Saves a trip to the workshop. Wat is best though is gettin the full TODA exhaust system. Check out the TODA website. The catback exhausts have just recently been in production after a overwhelming support for the headers they decided to make a catback system to compliment it.

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_s2000/exhaust_system.html[/URL]

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i reckon the stock header is quite good...you should leave the header as the last mod if at all... Although i have heard the j's racing header is the best out there whilst toda offers the best bang for buck.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    blusir2, once u get your header do you think you could post up some dyno charts for us to see.
    Here is a Dyno graph of the TODA headers compared to the stock one.

Torque on the left graph, Power on the right. They are very good gains.

http://www.todaracing.com/images/s20..._dyno_full.jpg

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    donno abt kw, but friend of mine changed to HKS header in 3 weeks be4.
    he said he feel more power in middle range of rpm, and a lot difference in high rpm.
    he said he is very happy with HKS header, now he ordered HKS high power cat back.
    i will say, HKS header is good for your S2000.
    or Spoon or Vision... Good luck !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    one of my mates got the amuse titanium full exhaust and headers. he told me that middle to top end was dramatically improved as well as throttle response. power was noticable increased and sound was remarkable. downside is its very exxy at $6k a pop. weighs only 3kg or something tho..