Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Still looking

Question YOUR say on intakes

Heya fellow civic drivers

Just wanted to know what CAI/Filters you got running in your car?
    And if you were ever to upgrade to a better one, which one would it be?

Main reason for this is because i've got an Apexi filter on my EK1 now (with the hose to feed it more air) but people say doesn't work as well as the big names such as Injen, AEM, J's Racing & Mugen what are your opinions on this?

Also with those Injen ones that go down to where the resonator sits, do they really help your car perform better? Or would you look at something that sits in your engine bay (eg. J's racing aka whale di*k)
    Last edited by Newcivic; 05-10-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    I'm using a mugen one atm. Its working pretty well from what I have experienced but from hearing from others, the Injen intake seems to be very good too. Depending on the look that you want and how much you want to pay will help with your choice.

The combination that you're using atm must be relatively loud I'm guessing but if it was to be on a B16 engine, you would definitely hear the roar of vtec with your setup.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    Still looking
    OO thanks J-MuN so my setup ain't that bad afterall

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    the injen ones ones sit in the wheel arch are very good for low and mid range torque.
    your set up, as long as the piping feeding air to it actually works, woul d be ok once the car is actually moving. but from standstill isnt so good as they get heat soak. i had a similar set up and when i turned it off after a drive the intake pipe use to be pretty warm. i have a setup like the injen now and after a good drive the intake pipe is still nice and cold.
    if you can get a sealed box around your pod with a cold air feed to it you'll have a really good set up. comptech makes such an intake

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    I had the AEM type-R CAI and it was the best I ever had. I have the j's copy now and it's ok, but more for looks. Better than other short rams though.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    i used to have a hurricane pod filter with a generic aliminium pipe as my intake before, it was loud on vtec and the car felt a little more responsive than stock

but now ive gone with a j's racing intake, i noticed the difference straight away, more throttle response than the hurricane and also a deeper sound...i say for a n/a car a good intake = money well spent
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ARC is the shizinit in my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED Hatch
    GSXR ITBs. Never looked back

So Injen CAI or Comptech Icebox? Which one's better, if there's such a thing.

I quite like the J's racing (whale penis), but the exposed Pod is just asking for trouble from the coppers...

Member Array
    Car:
    Still looking
    So which one guys, J's Racing or Injen/AEM full kit?

is the carbon fibre intake pipe better than the one with the chrome finish..

how about pvc pipe?