Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS

Euro: Wheels comparo

The wheels 0-100km/h time for the euro lux 6 spd was 7.8 sec. That's the first I've seen that's less than 8 sec. Go the euro!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    yeh the 2003 review stated 8.1secs. maybe the wider tyres (225 vs. 205) helped traction off the line

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution42
    yeh the 2003 review stated 8.1secs. maybe the wider tyres (225 vs. 205) helped traction off the line
    Mileage and temp makes the biggest difference.

Under 8 is not uncommon - even Honda in the UK quotes 7.9 sec to 100kph as an official Honda figure. What you don't see often is figures for the standard model - all the mags seem to test the lux which is the fat ass model.

A NZ test got 7.6 (std model) which is quite easily achievable in my view for the standard.

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_d...88-390,00.html

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    What effect would the auto have on it. I'm guessing mid to high 8's?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r
    What effect would the auto have on it. I'm guessing mid to high 8's?
    Diff gear ratios, less gears and more weight again. Most times I have seen are in the low or flat 9s. High 8s would be possible though with a well run in model IMO.

Probably the biggest drain on times to 100kph with the auto is that it only hits vtec once whereas the manual hits it twice.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    another thing is i think they test the 7.8 0-100 time with the vsa on so taking into account the much lighter standard and turning off the vsa as well as a euro owner who knows how to get the best out of their car that time should be quicker....way quicker......i have seen 7.3 for a stock euro standard and 15.23 and that was tested by a magazine too.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I always thought it was 7.5, thats what a mob in NZ quoted
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Diff gear ratios, less gears and more weight again. Most times I have seen are in the low or flat 9s. High 8s would be possible though with a well run in model IMO.

Probably the biggest drain on times to 100kph with the auto is that it only hits vtec once whereas the manual hits it twice.
    wat do u mean auto only hits vtec once from 0-100. my vtec engages roughly around 6k rpm in first gear...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by D16Y
    wat do u mean auto only hits vtec once from 0-100. my vtec engages roughly around 6k rpm in first gear...
    Not sure what you want me to explain - the auto hits 6000rpm once on its way to 100kph. The manual hits 6000rpm twice so it gets the spurt twice.

Not bad for a family car I guess if its in the high 7's, but did anyone notice that the car loses urge from 3rd gear onwards? Especially going uphill?

Personally I think the VCT coming on around 6000rpm does very little considering that redline is at 7000 and cut off is at 7200.

Even the worst turbo lagging car such as the 2003 STi onwards has a huge power band from 3500rpm to 7000rpm, and 8000rpm on the JDM spec. Granted below that rpm there is not much power, but in my present honda it feels like turbo-lag from 700rpm all the way to 6000rpm as a comparo

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    VTEC is not a powerband. It's a change in the cam profile. If you check the wheel dynos, you actually get less torque at 6000-7000rpm when compared to the lower rev range of 4000-5000rpm.

And NA does not have turbo lag. Turbo lag is when a turbo-equipped car with its lowered compression ratio of 8.0:1 tries to go without enough positive pressure. 8.0:1 is a very low figure for an NA engine, which is essentially what a turboed engine is when the turbo is not spinning enough.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando
    Not bad for a family car I guess if its in the high 7's, but did anyone notice that the car loses urge from 3rd gear onwards? Especially going uphill?

Personally I think the VCT coming on around 6000rpm does very little considering that redline is at 7000 and cut off is at 7200.

Even the worst turbo lagging car such as the 2003 STi onwards has a huge power band from 3500rpm to 7000rpm, and 8000rpm on the JDM spec. Granted below that rpm there is not much power, but in my present honda it feels like turbo-lag from 700rpm all the way to 6000rpm as a comparo
    I like 3rd gear once it is above 80kph. It is really good for overtaking road trains in WA! Believe it or not the 80-120 time of the Euro (5 sec flat) in 3rd is quite good. See Wheels June 2005 - in this same range in 3rd Porsche Boxster (5.5) and Z4 (4.9). Sure it is no M5 (3 sec) and Megane 225 (4 sec) but it isn't exactly flat either.

I know what you mean by the car feeling like turbo lag - the power delivery is so linear that you don't realise the pace it is gaining unless you watch the speedo. You don't feel spurts of power it is just so linear. Deceptive sensation I think.

By the way - redline is 7100rpm and cut out 7300 (but usually higher at 7350)
    Last edited by yfin; 08-10-2005 at 12:09 PM.