Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC

Front brakes dragging

This is an edit to a post I made earlier about my front brakes dragging. Since I made the original post I've done a brake fluid change by bleeding all four brakes in the order suggested by the service manual but my front brakes still seem to be dragging.

Could the problem possibly be that the brake pads need replacing? They aren't making the tell tale squeal of a worn brake pad. Any other suggestions as to what the problem may be or how to fix it? The car's a EK1 Civic.

Thanks!
    Last edited by muhhan; 20-11-2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Did not get any responses and have tried a feew things since original post

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    bump....anyone please?

Quote Originally Posted by muhhan
    This is an edit to a post I made earlier about my front brakes dragging. Since I made the original post I've done a brake fluid change by bleeding all four brakes in the order suggested by the service manual but my front brakes still seem to be dragging.

Could the problem possibly be that the brake pads need replacing? They aren't making the tell tale squeal of a worn brake pad. Any other suggestions as to what the problem may be or how to fix it? The car's a EK1 Civic.

Thanks!
    If your front brakes are dragging, you will need to have the calipers inspected and potentially serviced.
    MFactory Competition Products

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you might have seized caliper slide pins, remove you caliper free them and lube them up.

Last edited by ECU-MAN; 20-11-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    I agree with ECU-MAN...
    There is a special hi-temp grease for caliper slide pins, make sure you use it! Repco, Supercheap, etc should stock it.
    Normal oils could end up on your brake pads/rotors & that will get messy next time you attempt to stop.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    Sweet! Thanks a lot guys. Been looking for a solution for this one for a while. I'll let you know how I get along with it.

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    i had the same draging problem with my bracks the problem was the brake line was blocking maybe try and change your lines
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    When your brake line gets block, it becomes REALLY hard to bleed your brakes. From the info we have, if the problem persists it could be caliper piston is damaged, by rust or dirt getting past the pistons rubber boot and causing it to stick.

With your case, I believe it would have been pressurised fluid being trapped on the caliper side of the blockage, causing brake drag.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS