Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro: VSA

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS

Euro: VSA

Can we permanently turn off the VSA somehow? Remove the VSA fuse or something like that?

I much prefer driving my euro without VSA.. sick of turning it off everytime I start the car....

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    hmm not sure
    this is sorta off topic but if u have VSA on, does it use more petrol?
    becoming a petrol nazi nowadays cuz of the damn prices........cant hit VTEC too many times
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    hmm not sure
    this is sorta off topic but if u have VSA on, does it use more petrol?
    becoming a petrol nazi nowadays cuz of the damn prices........cant hit VTEC too many times
    I doub it affects fuel consumption.
    It doesn't even do anything unless you push the car really hard.
    The only times I can get it to become active on dry road is when I launch suddenly in 1st gear on an uneven road.
    I never turn it off even when the road is slightly wet.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Look out - hard core Euro driver!

Check the fuses above the intake lid. There is a diagram under the lid - I think there is one for VSA. Just check ABS is not affected.

one push of a button lol!

wouldnt turn it off on a FWD car at all, no point, especially when aust spec doesnt have rear wheels VSA traction sensors.

Can still get throttle off oversteer or mid-turn braking oversteer if you want it, but without sacrificing the traction control when u need it most - when it goes to understeer!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's like to start your car, you have to put the key in and twist. Pressing a button that is only 10cm from your ignition shouldn't take much effort. Treat it as finger exercise!

Omotesando: It is interesting that we don't have rear sensors. It makes the car more willing to do lift-oversteer and power understeer, which is a nice way of controlling the car at the limit. I think they purposely did this so that the driving aggressiveness was preserved in the European models (they also get the 140kW model). Only Australia and Europe get the 140kW FWD model. In the US, it's 147kW and in Japan, the 147kW is FWD while 140kW is the 4WD wagon. So the odd combo of 140kW + FWD could have a good advantage.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    VSA will help your tyres last longer
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

The Euro Accord handles really well for a FWD... seriously

Honda cards are unbelievable... I still remember my POS lancer two cars ago, it was absolutely rubbish! So was the recent magna rental car I drove!

By the way, Aaronng, do u know if the Euro Spec in Japan uses the K20A exclusively because I have seen some that uses the Type-R engine, with 8400RPM redline, when I was working in Japan - although didnt bother to see if they use the K24s in other models!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    There is the regular K20A Euro that only has 118kW and comes in FWD and 4WD sedans. These have only 6000rpm+ redline

The EuroR is the one with the Type-R K20A. It has 220ps, which is about 160kW, same as the JDM DC5R. You can tell them from the Recaro seats, EuroR badge and of course, the 8400rpm redline.

There are K24A models too. And there are 147kW FWD-only models (sedan and wagon), and 140kW 4WD Wagon. 7100rpm redline on these.

K24A2 (TSX, JDM Euro): FWD sedan and wagon
    K20A4 (JDM Euro): FWD and 4WD, sedan and wagon
    K24A3 (JDM Euro wagon): 4WD wagon. And of course, the Aussie spec Euro in FWD Sedan.

Weird eh?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I would personally leave VSA on & only turn it off when needed.

What happens if something happens out of the blue while your driving on the freeway at 100km/h VSA just may save your life & somebody elses in another car or even your car.

I'm sure you don't boot your euro everywhere you drive. VSA will save wear on your tires from spinning aswell!

I only turn it off if i need it too be off, which is very rarely.

Bit off topic but i'm sure if you really need to turn it off you can locate the fuse under the dash. Make sure it doesn't send any error codes by having it unplugged. I don't think it will effect your ABS as there should be a different fuse for that.

Can i ask why you want it off all the time?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando
    wouldnt turn it off on a FWD car at all, no point, especially when aust spec doesnt have rear wheels VSA traction sensors.

Can still get throttle off oversteer or mid-turn braking oversteer if you want it, but without sacrificing the traction control when u need it most - when it goes to understeer!
    VSA will cut engine power going around hard corners so there is a point to turn it off. Sometimes it does it mid corner which can unsettle the car. You really only need it in the wet.

Not sure what you are saying re rear VSA traction sensors. Even if that is true - the car must (should) have G sensors at the rear - otherwise how does it know the car is oversteering? It must have something to tell it the position of the rear and front of the car along with steering position, etc. I have seen the VSA correct oversteer in the euro. My old tyres weren't very good in the wet once they started to wear. I could get traction control to activate even in 4th gear.
    Last edited by yfin; 08-10-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Ofcource it cuts power when understeer is present to control wheel spin

But, when your going in city traffic or on the freeway is there really a need to have it off if your not trying to go as quick as you car around a corner?