Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    does tat mean gen3 crx is better than dc2r and dc5r?
    think he means wrx... if so, then correction:

gen3 wrx > any honda sports car except nsx.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    I own a gen 3.....the best!! Some do say they are a bit girly and i can why, but they are still cool and hey, im a girl so thats cool! Hehehehe

Anyone comment on the gen3 (del sol) - and buying it with such high KM's? ALL the ones on carsales are ~16k with 150KM+ on them :S

I don't mean in regard to the engine being bullet proof which I'm sure it is, but other stuff, like rubber wear and tear, suspension, brakes etc etc. I know my Ford currently has 180KM, and it's engine is awesome, except brakes squeal and any bumpy roads really lets you know the car has had it's time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Justin & Hayden
    Hi all.... Miss Bumble B now drives a gen3 CRX

Issues I have with this gen:
    - Bad vision / huge blind spot
    - No latch inside the car to open boot. Have to use keys to open it from outside

Apart from that, it's a very nice car. Coming from an auto SOHC VTEC, it's definately heaps fun to drive.

VTEC DAILY!
    BB

so it sounds like they are a good car. I love the look of them with a descent, yet subtle, kit on there.

Am i right in saying that the parts for the B16A are relitively easy to find but they can be pricey??? at the moment ive got a european car and its a bitch to find spare parts for.

From a wear and tear point of view id probably just replace anythin thats causin trouble with an aftermarket replacement cause they're usually better. ie. if im havin trouble with suspension i'll just get some new springs and shocks and while im doin that i'll lower it slightly.

How would the gen3 go against a SSS Pulsar that has an exhaust and filter?? i see alot of them goin around and I wanna be able to show them that they're not the king of the road just cause they drive a nissan!!

Thanks again guys, you've been great.

Member Array
    Car:
    It's all JDM Baby!
    I'd say a gen3 would probly beat a SSS, I know my gen2 would . All newer car's parts are expensive so that's not really an issue. The only thing that I don't like about the gen3 is the weight (around 1100kg) whereas my gen2 has a b16a and only weighs around 850kg. As far as small stylish cars go gen3 is a pretty good option unless you want rwd or turbo or both. The only reason I would choose a gen3 over a gen2 is the age difference. You are probably not going to have all of the old car problems we gen2 owners have ie leakey hatches, rusty sunroofs etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    delsols are slow pos in standard form.

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    b16a cars would smoke SSS

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    Quote Originally Posted by roar
    b16a cars would smoke SSS
    not in a delsol. delsols are heavy ass plastic crap.

if only they came in the non-targa option, it wouldnt be so slow. then it would be more awsome then it is already.

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    yeh i would choose then gen3 (for its age as someone has already mentioned) but then again the gen3 was the sole reason why the CRX production was stopped. :P
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ

i love the crx del sols.

they are nice, if i didnt get a eg5 i would have got one of them...

but for the price they are asking for these days u could get alot of cars that are way faster.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPlaya
    think he means wrx... if so, then correction:

gen3 wrx > any honda sports car except nsx.
    by rex he means crx, not wrx.

As people have said just as the crx has got a b16a2 dont mean its gonna go like shit of a shovel, as they are so much heavier than previous gen crx's and civics. Most people opt for a gen2 as they are much lighter than the 3, althou imo the gen3 looks a lot nicer when modified properly, i.e no huge chromies and way out there body kits, the car has rather clean lines, should use that to your advantage and not try and change them.