Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R

Swaybar Creaking

Hey guys,
    After a few months of installation of my whiteline sway, it seems as though my swaybar creaks from the left side everytime i go over an imperfection on the road. It's driving me nuts. I've sprayed silicon spray on the bushings roughly but the sound is still there (main reason is because its so damn hard to access under neath the car cos its too low).

So my question, does it sound like a simple fix by lubricating the bushings or is it something else? I've checked and tightened the bolts, didn't help either.

AFAIK, when It was installed, only the D bolt bushings were lubed, not the endlink ones, are both meant to be lubed?

Also i've noticed the sway making an lil dent on the LCA on one side of the car, is this normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    take it back to hanny's mate, let them give it a check

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    Tony..i had the same problem when i got mine installed...took it back and re checked it and everything was tight as a cnut...anway what i did was loosen the D clamps and re tightened it so that the 2 bolts at the back of the D clamp was evenly tight on both bolts...hope u get what i mean...

pm me if u need more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    i got a similar problem if i go up a really steep driveway.

id say a mix between ur rear springs touching coils and lack of lubrication at contact points - perhaps install coil sleeves too ?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    You don't have to lubricate the endlinks but you can if you want. Has the swaybar always been making the creek or is it only now?

As said, with both rear wheels level try loosening and re-tightening the mount bolts + lubricate the D-bushes if they aren't lubricated properly!

Quote Originally Posted by luzinit

Also i've noticed the sway making an lil dent on the LCA on one side of the car, is this normal?
    Dent on the LCA ?? That's not a good sign Tony.....got a pic !?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    jsut make sure the creaking isnt a cracked subframe...........

else its just needs some servicing (lubricatant/retightening)..
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    Hey guys,

it might sound dumb
    but make sure your sway bar isnt upside down... the kinks at the end should go upwards.,.,.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    id say a mix between ur rear springs touching coils and lack of lubrication at contact points - perhaps install coil sleeves too ?
    nope cant be that, because i have rubber tubing around it, and it doesnt squeak when it bounces.. so its not the shocks n springs, it only squeaks when, say im trying to exit driveway without mashin my lip..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    hey daniel, wats a crack subframe look/sound like and how do i look for it? ive had a look under the car and nothing seems torn, but i cant see behind the diamond mounting plate..

Tony - does the sound "sound" like muffled two heavy bits of metal clanking together ? ( liek two bar weights clanking?!) Mine does the same when avoiding front damage(front of Hannys etc) or VERY hard low speed cornering...Wojtek assures me its just the chassis clunking around ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    its weird ben, cos it didnt happen before.. just only recently.... driving me crazy hehe. sometimes it actually clunks, sounds like metal flexing then suddenly snappin in place n hittin something else.. gonna get some jackstands tonite n take the sway off and reinstall. sigh! ill take pics.