Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Post a pic of the full setup (swaybar+subfram+LCAs) with info on how much your car is lowered. The swaybar shouldn't be touching the LCA. Silly question but is your swaybar upside down ?

Quote Originally Posted by civlowwer
    gee now we have more smartass ppl on this forum, and for one that has so many post on a very good forum, i would think that you would understand, so heres a picture for you to understand.

now if you look, the swaybar is sitting on the LCA and when you go for a drive it creaks. now go figure what the point of ur post was. have some respect for other ppl and stop trying to flame them.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Is this an older design - non-angled unlike our whiteline setups (to clear the very "touching LCA" issue we speak of) - some KMAC swaybars are like this...
    OR yes, it is obviously installed upside-down !
    still - post up pix of the enitre subframe plz !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    yeh i noticed that they are lower than ur standard oem bolt in strength.. why is this? and where do u get stronger bolts chi??
    Come to GPC one day, pull out the bolts and ill find some ones to replace.

Thats where i got mine from.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    Is this an older design - non-angled unlike our whiteline setups (to clear the very "touching LCA" issue we speak of) - some KMAC swaybars are like this...
    OR yes, it is obviously installed upside-down !
    still - post up pix of the enitre subframe plz !
    ditto
    you shouldnt get this problem if its the whiteline bar
    Last edited by BlitZ; 17-10-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97 GLI 4DR D16Y4
    here's one off whiteline

here's mine

the car sit very low under the body, its' about 50-60mm, i have HD systems coilovers, with omni-power camber kit for the rear, whiteline (BHR76) rear swaybar, with different springs in, it sits on the ground. atm the car is sitting alot higher due to the rear swaybar rubbing.

Specs on my car when standard:
    1997 Honda Civic GLi Sedan EK1 with front oem swaybar and no rear swaybar.
    Last edited by civlowwer; 17-10-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Ahh - try installing your swaybar the opposite way- take off the bar and install it "upside-down" And , it will not creak /rub the LCA at all Should be fine after that -

Hi All,

Don't mean to barge in... just picked this up by accident.

civlowwer,
    It looks like you have mounted the chassis brackets back to front. The metal tubes which are welded to these brackets must be between the bracket and the chassis.

The sway bar itself looks fine, it is not upside down.

Best of luck.

Regards,
    Wojtek.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Nice spot Whitleline. Guess working there helps ay
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Moderator - here to help Array
    Quote Originally Posted by civlowwer
    gee now we have more smartass ppl on this forum, and for one that has so many post on a very good forum, i would think that you would understand, so heres a picture for you to understand.

now if you look, the swaybar is sitting on the LCA and when you go for a drive it creaks. now go figure what the point of ur post was. have some respect for other ppl and stop trying to flame them.
    how long have you been driving around with it rubbing? you should of noticed it was wrong when the swaybar was rubbing on the LCA. rofl.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    " swaybar is not upside down, the mounts r back to front" ROFL!

anyways mines was still creaking, same as tonys. i grease eveyrthing up etc and yesterday i thought maybe my mounts were loose so i chucked a spanner on em and to my surprise they were a lil loose. i have since tightened em up and there is no noise at all, woot.

lol. i guess uve tried that tony
    oh wrd!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Guess you have to update your diy Trav. Tighten everything! I need to double check mine as well.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    ok i FINALLY fixed this thing.

after numerous tries at JUST relubing the D bushings and bolts evenly to no avail, we jacked it up today, set the swaybar to the stiffer setting of 24mm, so it actually clears the LCA abit better.

took off the bushings, wiped it clean and relubed and tightened the bolts, make sure u dont tighten it too tight to warp the bushings. umm, from previous times that ive retigthened the mounts, the bracket was actually bent, so straightened those out with a hammer.

that fixed out most of the creaking/popping associated with going over uneven inclines etc.

and finally, tubby n i jumped up n down on my car whilst slim listened for lil minor squeaks, seemed to have come from where the LCA mounts to the subframe, sprayed a SHITLOAD of silicon spray, and all good!!!

NO MORE SQUEAKS and creaks. thank goodness, was really starting to hate my car.

props to slim n tubby for helping out, champs (Y)

mods can close this if u guys want, hopefully it will help alot of others out there too, as i know its DAMN annoying.