Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[DIY] - Vision C/F Mirrors DC2

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Vision / Spoon Carbon fibre Mirrors install on a Integra

Motivation / Description

well i love Carbon fibre hehe and they look great very nice mirror, its wider than standard and has a stylish blue tinge to it. The vision ones are cheaper than the spoon official mirror but vision make for spoon so the quality is top notch
    these mirrors are not for everyone i personally love the look, i did weigh them 400grams compared to 960 grams for the standard so not much all counts though.
    when you install these you loose the motorised function of the standard mirrors and have to adjust with your hand. i dont see this as a big problem casue how often do you adjust your mirrors ?

Installation ( pics)

Installation is fair easy just need

• Phillips head Screwdriver
    • 10mm spanner / socket
    1. First off start by removing the Door trim you can sort of skip this part, would be a bit harder and more fiddly so i decided to take the trim off. There are 2 metal screws one in bottom of the door handle and ones behind the unlock door leaver, there is also a plastic lug i have circled them in red remove all these la

2. Once you have undone the screws pull from the bottom there are some clips holding it on, but just pull and it will umm come off hehe, onece off you will see the triangle cover behind the mirror this is also just held on with clips give it a tug and it will pop off...

3. Pull off the power mirror plug 2 clips either side hold it in place. Then undo all the three bolts with 10mm spanner

4. The mirror still wont come off yet, you need to push the two tabs on the power windows plug into be able to remove the mirror, just use something to push them in, then remove mirror and put nuts back on the end of the screws so you dont loose them.

5. you can now just place the Vision mirror back into the hole they fit perfectly, screw the nuts back on dont overtighten its only a 10mm nut.
    put it all back together

repeat on the other side of the car

The hey presto you have finished

and i dont know why but i dont have a pic right now of the finished mirrors whops ill post tomoz

conclusion / Place of purchase

Well im very happy with theses mirrors after a bit of adjusting they suit the car very nicley and will go great with a C/F Bonnet ( coming soon).
    The wide angle of the lens is good to can see alot more...

thanks Hondar for supplying them just hit him up in Jdm Concept forum in the traders section

if you have any questions let me know

Wynode edit: Added disclaimer
    Last edited by wynode; 11-10-2005 at 12:05 AM.

thanks wyn forgot about that

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    omg ur car is so riced up lerroy !!

RICED !!!

btw good write up

rice wtf its spoon !!!hahahah jdm la

hahah pics on final product

Last edited by lerroy; 11-10-2005 at 08:34 AM.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    hot diggity that looks nice
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    man i love these mirrors, thinking about getting some for myself. Awesome writeup dude
    may i ask how much they set you back?
    ^groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    are these still electrical ?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by HRV-80Y
    are these still electrical ?
    dw found my answer...

yeah read pas !!! haahh :P
    you need some pas to finish off the carbon fibre look

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by lerroy
    yeah read pas !!! haahh :P
    you need some pas to finish off the carbon fibre look
    im not rich enuf 2 de-rice my car n buy damn hot 5zigen rims n $500 cf mirrors !

hey lerroy - correct me if i am wrong - BUT installing, you only need to flip out the back of the mirror with say a flathead screwdriver and it "pops" off ? I did the exact same install with my spoon mirrors on my EG - and didnt have to take out the entire door trim ehe -

anyway !

Lookign hot !