Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EG6 Disc Size

Newcomer Array

EG6 Disc Size

This may sound like an odd question but doing research on a disc upgrade for my car i've discovered that the EG6 Caliper can be adapted to fit my car pretty easily... I'm just trying to work out if they would fit on my 14" wheels.

So I'm just working out two things...

1. What is the exact disc size of the front disc on the JDM EG6?
    2. What was the standard rim size of the JDM EG6?

any help would be fantastic guys

cheers.
    Shiri

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Well my friend got EK4/dc2 Vtir calipers+rotors and when we tried to place 14" watanabes on it didnt fit.

EG6 is very similar to EK4/dc2 VTiR if im not mistaken.

Newcomer Array
    That isn't good if you are right...

unfortuntily the only thing i have to go on is two pictures

the second picture is against the stock item... and stock my car was released with a 13" rim. I also konw that the FC3S upgrade which has a 230mm disc won't fit onto 14" rims. So if the EG6 rotor is smaller i can put this on and keep my rims.

Thanks for the reply as well chi

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    they are 262mm rotor. the calipers will clear a 14" rim. pretty sure EG6 came stock with 14" steelies.
    My mum's EK sedan has the same size and they just clear the 14"s.
    the FC calipers must be alot bigger than the civics.
    the EG6 brakes are the same as most EK's (not sure about CXi or any with rear drums) and DC2. if you want to be certain your rims will fit try them on a DC2 or EK first.
    Last edited by sivic; 08-10-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Newcomer Array
    is that so sivic? are you 100% sure?

it's an expensive upgrade... so i wanna be entirely sure =)

do you also know if the caliper is the same from EG6 to EK/DC2?
    Last edited by ShiRi; 08-10-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    i'm 100% sure they are 262mm. calipers are the same as DC2 and EK with same rotor. will be easier to just get DC2 calipers and rotors. knuckle assembly is the same and is straight bolt on to EG.
    wheels differ so i cant be sure the actual wheels you have will clear them but i know the factory 14" steel wheels clear them. if someone you know has a DC2 or EK with 262mm rotors try on theirs first to be sure

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    What car do you have ShiRi?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

yes 262mm confirmed - i have a Vti-R integra upgrade on my EG5... 10.3 inches or so... and they the same rotor / caliper set up as EG6. Sivic is correct, integra arm will bolt up to EG and allow for the upgraded rotor/caliper... the integra vti-R arm will also allow for an ITR front rotor/caliper upgrade.

wyn - shiri is a regular over at toymods... so take a guess dun think it has the 4AC in it anymore either
    Last edited by type one; 09-10-2005 at 01:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    What car do you have ShiRi?
    AE86

Newcomer Array
    Yeh iI have an ae86... but im turning it into a honda lol. Thanks for the info type one and sivic, this will come in very handy. I'll have to redrill the rotor to suit a 4x114.3 stud pattern but that shouldn't be to hard. The fact that the EG Caliper and EK/DC2 Caliper is the same is great news... will save me having to soiurce EG6 calipers from japan.

You've all been fantastic, thanks for the help!

maybe don't re-drill and see if you can get blanks in 4 x 114.3 - i always worry about re-drills... and if you running 14s you may need to shave the caliper to fit...

Newcomer Array
    could someone measure the distance between the edge of the caliper to the end of the rotor on their EK/DC2?

that way i could measure it to see if it'll fit my rim. I've been doing a bit more research with guys from japan and they say that these fit a 14"... i just want to confirm with some guys here...

how wide is the rotor type one?