Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hmmm well my mugen wing extends a LOT, so mebbe that would help :P nah j/k

well on the topic...how well sorted are factory aerodynamics on hondas neway? not that it would really matter since u'll rarely go insane speeds neway

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    I know that the drag coefficient on the Accord Euro is about 0.26 or 0.27 -- which is about as good as you'll get on a factory sedan. As far as I know, your average sedan is about 0.32.

Honda always strike me as a manufacturer who don't go unecessarily overboard on the the cosmetic dress-ups; i.e. they don't seem to put wings on things just for the look -- and presumably they take into account their Grand Prix experience. I tend to look at what they do with their "go fast" models: the Integra Type R had the wing, so I'd presume that the rear can get a bit untidy since it was so hard sprung. The Accord Euro R has no spoiler, just a lower body kit. The S2000 has a subtle lip spoiler...

While big wings might help keep you steady, they cause a lot of drag and can slow you down and limit the top speed. I would say it depnds on how the car feels for you -- if its getting untidy, and it's not a suspension issue, start playing with aerodynamics...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Have you read the info on autozine.org's technical school section? Very good info on drag, downforce and lift.
    http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc..._aero.htm#Drag
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

i was speaking to a guy at Phillip Island and he said that when he used to have a GT wing on his CRX he did a slower time than with no wing. He said that he was getting too much downforce and would slow him down in the straights, even though it gave him more stability around corners. He then fit an M3 type Lip spoiler on the car and that gave him a bit more stability around corners without compromising top speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    thats true weezer!
    when having a front lip spoiler on your car your reducing the amount of air travelling under your car and creates a better air flow when travelling at high speeds and cornering... as well as the GT WING it creates a drag on the rear of your car! but there some cases when having a wing on the rear of a car designed to help stability. eg; audi tt need that little rear wing so they dont spin out at high speeds!

i know when i used to go to track in my old car once u get past 130 the car feels really unstable and a littlest of movements made the car very wishy washy...

i think with subtle lips and spoilers it does help but to what effect.. thats when u invest in a lip or wing made by a devloper that has put the RnD into the part and can prove that its a useful item.

even when driving on the freeway in my civic at about 130 the back seems very light.. and when u change lanes the back feels very loose ..

Member Array
    track it with a 15inch sub in that back, that will keep the rear end down

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT]
    even when driving on the freeway in my civic at about 130 the back seems very light.. and when u change lanes the back feels very loose ..
    thats more of an issue of suspension setup. firmer struts will help this but adjusting the toe angle of the rear wheels will help even more. having the toe angled in (negative toe) will make your rear end more stable at high speeds. however, the drawback of this means that at lower speeds you wont be able to turn as tightly

so wouldnt the rear spoiler help that ? due to down force without having to muck around with stuff at low speeds ?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    our EGk20a gain 2mph down the 1/4 mile after we took the spoon cf duckbill rear wing out.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5
    our EGk20a gain 2mph down the 1/4 mile after we took the spoon cf duckbill rear wing out.
    thats quite a bit of difference in the level ur competing in

so aerodynamics is not something daily driven, non-competition cars shoudl worry about yeh?

just a point of interest, the obscenely big CWEST kits...they are just for looks right...i cant imagine them being good at aero

They said it STARTED from 80km/hr for the indy cars during the race on the weekend.