Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: port and polish

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    i completely agree with ekslut... instead of taking a 'gamble' with someone that may talk the talk... spend the money, even if it is a bit extra and go for the person who honestly knows exactly what they are doing.
    dynodave has a top reputation for producing top race and street cars, he knows more than i'd say 99.99% of australia's population about honda engines, listen to his advice at LEAST...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    porting the throttle body probably wont be worth it as you can only bore out a minmal ammount.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    porting the throttle body probably wont be worth it as you can only bore out a minmal ammount. will this amount really have an effect?

Moderator - here to help Array
    i think boring out the TB will only give it a bit better rev response...
    in regards to hp output, would it even make a differenceat all? probably not?
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

http://www.dprracing.com

I think they are the best.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    [QUOTE=michael_antoi]search didn't come up with much

has anyone done a port and polish on their head?

Part$ are expensive brotha!! if you f*ck up your head, you'll have to buy another and start all over again.I Agree with the Dyno dave fella and some of the others. 1. builder has to know HONDA's. 2. Builder should have CnC 5 axis or been doing HONDA's for 10 years +. 3. The "FLOW BENCH" tells no lies, so the Builder needs to have a flow bench otherwise you could take his word that it flows this much or that much... Avoid the bullsh*t and get a pro to do it, or do everything else barre P&P and see if you're happy with the build.

Cheers,
    Last edited by JohnnyVtec; 22-09-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    To build a honda is not as easy as you guys think...As i always say, there is alot of Self Proclaim PRO tuners, and they only talk the talk...

If you only bore the TB, is not good enough...Intake manifold, the head, extractor, exhaust must match as well...I think there is alot of tread mention that to build a honda, Flow is very important...but basically, this works on every engine..

as ive said in another post..
    im running a head that has work done from dyno dave..

i drive an 01 dc2r ..
    after the head swap .. i put in vtir cams into my head.. while im waiting for my new cams to come in .. (with stock ecu atm)

amazingly .. even with the much lesser cam .. the car is faster than itr's that are tuned with itr cams ..

so doing work to the head does make a huge difference.. and CAN give big gains .. BUT!! WHO does your work.. is going to give u a bigger difference..

u can port yourself .. and open up the ports as big as the harbour tunnel .. but u will get the most sluggish and farked up bottom end ..

p'n'p needs mechanical expertise, as well as knowledge.. and a bit of art too .. =)

get d-dave to chime in

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Crx
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu R
    as ive said in another post..
    im running a head that has work done from dyno dave..

i drive an 01 dc2r ..
    after the head swap .. i put in vtir cams into my head.. while im waiting for my new cams to come in .. (with stock ecu atm)

amazingly .. even with the much lesser cam .. the car is faster than itr's that are tuned with itr cams ..

so doing work to the head does make a huge difference.. and CAN give big gains .. BUT!! WHO does your work.. is going to give u a bigger difference..

u can port yourself .. and open up the ports as big as the harbour tunnel .. but u will get the most sluggish and farked up bottom end ..

p'n'p needs mechanical expertise, as well as knowledge.. and a bit of art too .. =)

get d-dave to chime in
    Hey Dude,

D Dave won chime in as we are currently in queensland.

Regards

The Team @ Redline Motorsport Developments