Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indicators blink when lock/unlock car

Can someone please tell me if the indicators on a 2000 5th Gen prelude are meant to flash when you lock or unlock the car?

I can hear it lock and unlock, but it doesnt flash. I would have thought it should

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    My ones do.. 1 flash, locked. 2 flash unlocked (plus the beeps!)

I found that you may have left something open (maybe boot) happended to me once b4..

hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Integra_guy
    Can someone please tell me if the indicators on a 2000 5th Gen prelude are meant to flash when you lock or unlock the car?

I can hear it lock and unlock, but it doesnt flash. I would have thought it should

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    well it should, to indecated lock/unlock. Either that someone mucked around with the alarm system.

Someone told me they can turn off the lights blinking thing, perhaps this was done. I really miss it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    u can turn the sound off but blinkers i dunno

my guess is that the wire thats hooked up to the indicators has fallen loose or someone disconneted it.

Anyone know where this wire might be located?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    underneath the dash.
    behind your steering column cover it could be as well.
    look for a set of green wires.
    they're the signal wires, and then see which wires have been stripped/hacked into.

The indicators operate normally when driving still, its just the locking unlocking thing. These green wires you mention, are they part of the locking system or the normal indictors? Hope this makes sense

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    signalling,
    but, if you hook up an alarm to your car, the wires from the alarm go to the green wires, sends power to em to make em flash, when you arm/disarm your car, so if they're not connected, then it won't flash.

so that's why you go to the source which is the green wires.
    see if anything is hooked up to it, loose, or if it has been hooked up before.

The car is completely stock, it doesnt have an alarm

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    oh, my bad.
    so tell me, what do you use to unlock your car with? is it a genuine remote?