Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They cant, they require just the amount of work as a h22a... the only thing is they have no torque, and the car would probly be slower in the end of the day.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    ahhh tru, i just remember seeing one.

I was going to make the same point as you, the lack of torque form the b16 would make it rather redundant unless some serious weight shaving happened.

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    $1000 is a bit cheap for a h22a but not out of the question. Definitely wouldnt want to pay $3000 for just the engine. Should be able to get a half cut for about that or a bit less. This place has a h22a listed for $1400. Not sure what that would include. http://www.allautos.com.au/ They're in Brisbane.

if you can get a JMD 3rd gen pre front cut, that will help you reduce a lot of cost.

you are looking around 3k for the complete fron cut, but you can get the speedo and ecu and other comp to play around. sometimes you can even get the good front bar with headlight to swap

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    just a note to the owner... in victoria, MIGHT BE VERY difficult if not impossible to register a CRV-VTEC... rquires full engineers certificate, changing of all brakes, and mebbe even emissions

That was what i was told when i was looking at the otpion for a civic

However, i'm not sure whether this applies to you since ur startiing off with a prelude, given that ur car is normally a 2.0L car... but in any case its a good idea to check first

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    It should be that hard as long as it gets an engineers certificates, there are a few B20 Vtec ludes and civics hummin about the country, all street legal and registered.