Thread: clutch :(

hey guys i decided to go with the Accord EXi, picked it up for $8,600 but the clutch is totally gone..
    I was wondering if anyone in Melbourne, eastern suburbs preferably, who can recommend a place where i can get a new heavy duty clutch and installed.

Your help appreciated
    Thank you

Sorry cant help cos i am in sydney...but just curious...wat do u mean gone?dont u realise it when u inspect the car b4 u bought it? gudluk hope it is fixed soon n get back on the road K....

BK

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Hi there;

I'm sure many mechanics can do the job for you. All you need to do is go pick up a decent clutch that u fancy.

I can refer you to a few mechanic if u like in the Eastern of S.E Suburbs.

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Any decent mechanic will be able to do it. As for the clutch itself, i've picked up an Exedy organic heavy duty for mine. Though i cant say what its like, since it is waiting to be installed in the next couple of weeks

Cheers

Thanks guys...yeh i'll go clutch hunting tommorro morning and i'll try DIY myself then..

Much thanks

Bye

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    DIY?? that's a lot of work man....gluck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    if you wanna DIY hope you're familiar with mechanical work, it takes a fair bit of effort.

Having a workshop manual helps though (check the technical section, there is a link to a PDF accord workshop manual, worth its weight in gold!)

Poid how much did you pick up your clutch for ?
    I just dropped my car off at the mechanic to get the same clutch put in, heavy duty pressure plate with organic clutch. $500 for the clutch, $300 for labour.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i picked it up at trade price so a little cheaper than that. Not sure how much the labour will be, somewhere around $150-200 is what i'm expecting as that is what it cost to fit the clutch in my bro's lude at the same guy (a family friend)

Hi guys thanks for all the info.
    My friend works at Repco and says he can get an exedy clutch for me for around 500...
    I was also wondering, Would the current Accord gearbox I have need to be changed if in future i put a H22a in? because if i do put the exedy clutch in, it would seem much of a waste if I only get to use it for a couple of months and then need to replace it.

Thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    the H series and F series gearboxes are interchangable on any F or H series engine, only difference between them that i know of is the actual gear ratios.

It would be best to contact Daikin and make sure the clutch will be OK (just in case there is, for some reason, a difference in clutches), but i reckon it should be