Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra dc-02

Let's talk ITB's

Hey,

Anybody running these? List the pros / cons and your engine mods / power output pleaseeee

Is it worth while getting these without more aggressive cams /engine work?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ITB's are the ultimate if tuned correctly (I dont mean ECU tuned, I mean engine tuned)

ITB's can set your car backwards if done incorrectly which is EASY to do, some just give a small gain, some give massive improvements in torque, which is what you want.

Mechanical tuning is often associated with a must from ITB's due to their response they offer under sudden throttle position changes.

Pros:

Improved throttle response
    Much more midrange/high end torque
    Intake noise

Cons:

Increased fuel consumption
    Hard to tune
    Can be sensitive on minimal throttle

I have obviously missed a few pros and cons as I cant think of it all right now.

In my honest opinion, There is no point in going ITB's without the addition of camshafts to offer the extended duration and lift the ITB's work best off. N/A tuning is all about matching the right combination. Many people buy big compression pistons, big cams, big intakes and exhausts and what not, just a shopping trolley full of aftermarket goodies. These are meant to be made to work in conjunction with each other.

The ITB's are to be designed LAST of the engine. They are based around the camshaft specification, which is further dependant upon compression ratio, valve sizing/timing and a myriad of others.

I can go on forever but im getting off-topic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    do a search on Barefootbanzi he had a set and did a writeup on it
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Account Disabled Array
    well said chris!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    ITB's are the ultimate if tuned correctly (I dont mean ECU tuned, I mean engine tuned)

ITB's can set your car backwards if done incorrectly which is EASY to do, some just give a small gain, some give massive improvements in torque, which is what you want.

Mechanical tuning is often associated with a must from ITB's due to their response they offer under sudden throttle position changes.

Pros:

Improved throttle response
    Much more midrange/high end torque
    Intake noise

Cons:

Increased fuel consumption
    Hard to tune
    Can be sensitive on minimal throttle

I have obviously missed a few pros and cons as I cant think of it all right now.

In my honest opinion, There is no point in going ITB's without the addition of camshafts to offer the extended duration and lift the ITB's work best off. N/A tuning is all about matching the right combination. Many people buy big compression pistons, big cams, big intakes and exhausts and what not, just a shopping trolley full of aftermarket goodies. These are meant to be made to work in conjunction with each other.

The ITB's are to be designed LAST of the engine. They are based around the camshaft specification, which is further dependant upon compression ratio, valve sizing/timing and a myriad of others.

I can go on forever but im getting off-topic.
    well said!
    rep this shiz!
    - [ * AℓвєятяoN ] illegal street racing is bad hao map ! says:
    haha. i'll marry you.
    ||nam|| says:
    ok thats just wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Thanks guys

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    dc2-forshizzle, please search first next time before starting a new thread.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55347
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52043
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Closed.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2