Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

This is a Helpful Mod to those with OBD2

http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-afc/ecu.shtml

The basis of the article is that the OBD2 (the evil evil ECU) will detune ur car over time to comply with emissions. It doesnt matter what you have, i/h/e, piggyback, etc

THe detuning is not absolute (ie: it wont take away all that u gained) but it will be significant enough. The detuning only occurs when ur car is NOT AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE (closed loop if i'm reading it right)

THe fix involves some wiring that lets u turn off the fking stupid piece of shit to give it forced amnesia, so it has to learn like the tard that it is from day one.

Do this everyday and apparnetly u'll keep ur ECU a complete amnesiac with no memory

Any opinions on this mod from the experts?| it'll only cost 20 bucks or so

Also another thing... does disconnecting batterty to reset ECU kill the parameters set into a piggybakck like the VAFC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    not if you keep power to the VAFC while killing power to the ecu. if your vafc required power to keep its memory. I think they dont though

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks dude.. i would doubt it too cos otherwise everytime u change ur batteries at the mechanics ur VAFC dies, but nice to have some confirmation

so wot does everyone think of this mod? i thikn jsut from the article it sounds like the shizinit

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    due , i took the terminal off my battery once cause it was on its way out so i had to replace it........ all settings on my vafc were fine when i put the new battery in.????

i just reset my ecu often, it is not that difficult...

the switch idea is ok, but seriously how hard is it to pull a fuse & reprogram a stereo?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

oh, and VAFC is hard tuned, so wont lose its settings...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thank you all for the opinino

well bsed on the advice here i disconnected my battery, had a shower, a smoke, dinner, etc...came back and drove the car around the block after a warm up

the car was significantly different from the daily experience and yes my vafc kept all its settings