Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Please start a thread in the site discussion section - not here. Euroaccord13 asked a valid question in accordance with moderator rules as to when a question has been answered. As for thread movement - that is also in accordance with forum rules. The accord forum is more for technical questions and discussion - not chit chat like a thread saying "I was involved in an accident today", etc, etc.
    Last edited by yfin; 26-10-2005 at 09:24 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Does this mean my 93 Accord EXi Auto has a rev limiter???

OR does this only apply to Manuals?

Cheers

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    wouldnt know about 93 accords.......
    but i was told taht free revving a car to,say, redline isnt really healthy for the engine or the car? someone care to back up this statement? like im sure if a rev limiter has been put on the euro, theres gotta be some reason why honda did it in the first place....
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_One
    Does this mean my 93 Accord EXi Auto has a rev limiter???

OR does this only apply to Manuals?
    Most cars ( don't know any that doesn't ) have a rev limiter aka cut-off point. And your '93 Accord has a rev limiter in the red zone between 7000-7500rpm, and there is no separate rev limiter while stationary.

Driving the car into the redline area can be bad but may not be as bad as people say if you well maintain your car. Trust me, I drove my previous '92 for 285000kms from brand new and it still runs well when I traded it for the euro.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by kam
    why are you so quick to close the thread? thats the whole point of posting on the forum. what about if people want to add in their opinions and comments?

2 Reasons why I want to close this thread...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17472

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8429

The search function in this forum isn't something that is there as an aesthetic feature... it actually works.....
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 26-10-2005 at 01:33 PM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    wouldnt know about 93 accords.......
    but i was told taht free revving a car to,say, redline isnt really healthy for the engine or the car? someone care to back up this statement? like im sure if a rev limiter has been put on the euro, theres gotta be some reason why honda did it in the first place....
    I still dont get it why people likes to free revving their car. I think free revving, especially in the traffic light like those some commodore drivers oftenly do, is just bloody annoying.

In term of rev limiter, it is placed to prevent your engine being blown even its free revving. I think Honda guys put lower rev limiter in neutral because they assume that people will free revving when they heating up their car. High rev limiter will cause the engine to heat up pretty quick which can be bad for the engines, because the metal that made the engine will change its properties when heat up too quick if its done often.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by ngupil
    In term of rev limiter, it is placed to prevent your engine being blown even its free revving. I think Honda guys put lower rev limiter in neutral because they assume that people will free revving when they heating up their car. High rev limiter will cause the engine to heat up pretty quick which can be bad for the engines, because the metal that made the engine will change its properties when heat up too quick if its done often.
    I think of more concern to Honda would be people reving to 7000rpm and then dumping the clutch. If someone wanted to do this all you need to do is get the car moving at 1kph - then there is no 4500rpm limit.

(I haven't tried such a clutch dump by the way - not a good idea if you value your car). The Evos have a similar mechanism to protect the clutch.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    In my opinion, the lowered rev limit in neutral is because of the Euro's long stroke. When you are in neutral, the rate of the revs climbing and coming back down is much quicker than when there is load. Hence the piston's acceleration would be much greater than for a car with a normal stroke length and would put more stress on the internals and cylinder walls.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    In my opinion, the lowered rev limit in neutral is because of the Euro's long stroke. When you are in neutral, the rate of the revs climbing and coming back down is much quicker than when there is load. Hence the piston's acceleration would be much greater than for a car with a normal stroke length and would put more stress on the internals and cylinder walls.
    Aaronng - do you think it is then not wise to rev match above 4500rpm?

When downshifting I double clutch and rev match in neutral. This can require a rev match above 4500rpm.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Aaronng - do you think it is then not wise to rev match above 4500rpm?

When downshifting I double clutch and rev match in neutral. This can require a rev match above 4500rpm.
    That was my opinion, of course it can be wrong. But during a revmatch, I don't really floor the accelerator for a substantial duration. Do you? I only use a full throttle stab or a 1/2 throttle push. (push being longer than stab)

BTW, I think that the K20a integras also cut off at a lower RPM at neutral. So my theory on the longer stroke probably does not hold water. But I still stand behind my "no load revving is bad" theory. The rate of acceleration of the pistons is much larger with no load. And it's also interesting that the RPM cut out is at 4500rpm, which is the rpm where peak torque is generated. Anyone have info on the significance of this?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    But during a revmatch, I don't really floor the accelerator for a substantial duration. Do you? I only use a full throttle stab or a 1/2 throttle push. (push being longer than stab)
    Yeah, short duration. Not sure if it is a push or stab - whatever it takes to get the revs where I want. Not held there for long so I doubt it is a problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Rev limiter at Stationary is - 4500RPM
    Rev Limit while car is in motion is - 7400RPM

Question Answered..

25yko, I will close this thread when you acknowledge and have nothing else to ask

CHEERS
    i'm done