Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The reason for the Accord Coupe not making it here is probably similar to us not getting the EP3 CTR (instead getting the DC5R). It's probably because Honda Australia had to make a choice between the two and went for the Sedan because it would make more sales...

Member Array
    yes, on that not, can you low volume import the EP Hatch and accord coupe?

Since their shape is different and all....

No is the short answer.

Firstly all Low Volume Imports have to meet a power to weight ratio formula which now lends itself to mainly turbos and some NA high performance cars.

Second, an "Approved Compliance Workshop" would then have to apply for that particular model to be approved.
    Unfortunately this is not as simple as filling in a form, and it cost heaps.

not sure on the rules, im just thinkin anything that didn't come out here for a first ... haven't seen many honda variations around like in the states tho, with accord coupes and stuff...
    フジタエンジニアリング

you can import honda city turbos (older than 15 years) ....if your lucky enough to find one that hasn't been destroyed lol.
    blah blah blah

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr Teggy

how are they slipping in?
    One word: "Rebuild".

It was a Victorian loophole as I understand it (also Qld and WA?) where an Aussie car was trashed and then "rebuilt" using a crated car shipped from Japan.

The loophole has now gone as I understand it.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr Teggy
    xsi's are actually the rare B17a!
    The XSi was the first B16A powered car, right before the EF8/EF9 Civic. B17s were in the US 'tegs. Chuck ran a XSi B16A/S1 tranny in his 3rd gen Civic.

The following link lists the entire JDM lineup:

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/index.html

You will need to put that URL into a translator such as babelfish, found at www.altavista.com

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    yeah i have heard of that loop hole
    getting the block and vin numbers of a totalled car and puting it on an imported car and registering it as a local car.

but i presume that is only done by few people.

The thing i am still cruious about is the 15 year thing,
    like anyone know yet if all 15+ year old cars can be imported?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Yes, but it is 15 years from its month of production and it must be modified with an engineers certificate to meet ADRs. Rumour has it that the legislation may undergo further changes.

I'd hate to think about how many rebuilds are on our roads - a lot is my guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
    you can import honda city turbos (older than 15 years) ....if your lucky enough to find one that hasn't been destroyed lol.

My mate wants to import one of those Honda Cuty Turbo IIs... pretty damn quick back when they were new! Maybe import one from NZ, since they have a lot of jap imports there. How mad would it be to own one, beat V8s and stuff!! 8)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    loophole is gone
    any car that was involved in a write off accident is now recorded in there database. Vicroad can tell u if the car was a write off or previously stolen now. Even if they person has repair the car, the record will still be recorded 8)

15 Year old cars can be imported we got a 1988 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 imported. No problems at all its just a bitch getting it enginered if its been modified and stuff...