Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord EURO Lux 6sp

3 months on the road and bam.....&)$#&*()#@&

Hi there boys and girls.... this is my first time posting on this site, but I've been checking out this site for the last several months. This site is probably my encyclopedia to my Euro. Anyways, I picked up my brand new Euro back in July and 3 months later on a warm Sunday afternoon , this bimbo made an illegal U-Turn infront of me and bam....my car knight in shinning armor got de-virginized

The right front of my car pushed into their passenger door @ 60ks. bumper gone (along with the washer), right fender gone, right HIDs are gone, both left and right skirtings are gone (car pushed over curb). My whole bonnet needs to be resprayed cos the passenger window of the lancer flew off as I hit their car and their broken window scraped my bonnet from right to left. Luckily no one was injured except me I ended up in the back of the ambo cos the seat belt dug into the side of me pretty hard. The good thing is everyone is still walking and the other car is insured.

Since my oem bumper and 2 skirtings needs to be replaced, should I get a replica mugen kit instead? I've read a few threads and comments, it seems like CarQuest is the way to go and I'm in Perth as well. How much would a full replica mugen kit without the spoiler cost?

Second thing is and I may be stupid when it comes to HIDs. Since my right headlight will be replaced, should i just get a 6000k system.

I would post a few pretty pics, but I don't know how to attach it on here.

so boys and girls.. tell me what are my options.
    Last edited by 3t3rn1ty; 26-10-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    i think i might of seen ya on parra rd a while back and even maybe chatted to ya....askin me what rpm does my coupe hit vtec (is that you?).

sorry to hear about your bang, hope you sort it all out dude.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nah.. wasn't me bro.....

yeah.. everything is getting sort out ... SLOWLY... hope i'll get my baby back soon...

hope everything gets worked out soon = ]

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Sorry to hear that, mate!

If the other car's insurance going to pay for the damages, why do you bother buying a replica? just buy the original one. doesn't cost you a penny anyway it is your once in a lifetime chance to rip off an insurance company!!

blah same thing happen to me, 3 months old and got rear ended... so much hassle

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    yah.. i would get the original one, but lets see how much insurance money will be allocated for the 2 skirts and the bumper. If they are willing to give me 3-4g (which i highly doubt)for the oem skirts and bumper then hell yeah, i'll get my baby an OG mugen kit. If not, replica would still be nice..

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    3t3rn1ty: talk to your smash repairer, they might be able to source Mugen kits for you and you pay the cost difference to OEM lip and side skirts. This is the best opportunity to get a different style kits.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    gutted for you, ive had my DC5R for 6 weeks now and i dont know what id do if that happened to me!
    PNR888 is right, now is definately the time to upgrade if you want a new kit, when i crashed my commodore (commodore, theres a mistake i wont make again) i got the smash repairer to put monaro headlights in it and it only cost me $250 extra instead of buying a set later for $1000 and being left with the old parts, so just have a chat with them and see what they can do or even give them contact details of places that can get what you want.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    shit thats bad man i feel for ya
    but if u need to replace it with anything, get the mugen kit if u really like the aggressiveness, or if not, then just the euro r kit for subtlty. since its being repaired, try and source original mugen
    but if not, carquest is the way to go. i received my kit from them and am very happy with how things turned out. my panelshop even moved the HID's from the old to the new one.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Did you airbag go off? If so what was it like?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    stephen8512

Thanks man, could of been a lot worst, if I drove a little faster she would of crashed into my side instead. Anyways, how much would a genuine mugen kit or a genuine euro r kit cost? By the way, how long did it take for you to get your kit from carquest? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you paid for it, with or without spoiler? My panel beater probably would go down to Carquest and pick up the kit since its only 15 min away. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the panel beater to call me as soon as the assessor goes out there and tick tick tick.

Suntzu

Nah, my bags didn't go off because I pulled left before my car hit her car. so all the impact was to the right corner of my car. The lancer is gonna be written off cos the left passenger door has gone so far in that it took the side pillar along with it. Im still amazed how strong the Euro is compare to the lancer at the speed of impact. I would post some pictures up, but don't know how to...